Nokia's HERE Drive Issue the Other Day :S

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I was wondering if this is just happening to me.

I live in Montreal, Canada and I was using it the other day, as I have used it before, and it really messed up on me. It started doing some weird things such as telling me to turn right, when it meant turn left, and the route was different sometimes from what it told me. Or when I was on a highway it told me to keep right, but thankfully I read the signs and kept right then left, like it used to tell me :S. This is my first time using it as HERE drive, but before when it was Nokia Drive + beta on my 8X it was perfectly fine and didn't make these issues before. On my way back though it was not as bad, but it was still very strange. Even now I have it searching for my location and it says I'm two blocks away, when before it used to be accurate and tell me exactly where I was. Even yesterday it said I was near the highway which is 10 minutes from my house -___________-. I'm really confused, and is anybody having this issue as well? I love Nokia Drive and the offline maps functionality, but that other day really had me confused (as well as now).

EDIT: Now it's again saying I'm right next to the highway! Help :( I tried uninstalling the apps, uninstalling the offline maps and everything to no avail... Help :/

Last edited:

tiomi

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Did you try restarting your phone? It may be the GPS that's off. It's happened to me once or twice that the app couldn't find my location, and restarting fixed the problem. 920 here.

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Did you try restarting your phone? It may be the GPS that's off. It's happened to me once or twice that the app couldn't find my location, and restarting fixed the problem. 920 here.

To no avail my friend :'( like it's a block or two off but even my old optimus 7 doesn't have this issue. It's strange.

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Did you turn off the mobile data and try again? Sometimes I got wrong instructions too, but then I turn off mobile connection to use only GPS and it works just fine

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Did you turn off the mobile data and try again? Sometimes I got wrong instructions too, but then I turn off mobile connection to use only GPS and it works just fine

The thing is I don't have data :S But I do leave wifi on (even without connection) cuz with my experience in the past I felt like it got stronger connection fast. We'll see next time I drive how it does on a route that I know well this time so I don't get lost. But I won't be driving for a bit haha that sucks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnsa3