Nokia Here Drive+ Beta USA Map why so big?

ZuNuKoo

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I wanted to know why is the HERE Drive+ Beta Maps for US SO big? I know I won't be traveling to the west coast, so why can't I just download only the east coast? or Just New England, or certain states? I know you can do this with other maps of other countries. 2GBs is a hug amount of space, I'll be glad when I can move the maps to my SD card. But I still wish I could just download certain areas. So if any one knows why Nokia didn't separate different areas of the map, I'm al ears.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I wanted to know why is the HERE Drive+ Beta Maps for US SO big? I know I won't be traveling to the west coast, so why can't I just download only the east coast? or Just New England, or certain states? I know you can do this with other maps of other countries. 2GBs is a hug amount of space, I'll be glad when I can move the maps to my SD card. But I still wish I could just download certain areas. So if any one knows why Nokia didn't separate different areas of the map, I'm al ears.
you can always download a state individually. Like they said, you are doing it the wrong way.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Are you trying to download the entire east cost? Just download the state(s) you want and leave the rest alone.

ZuNuKoo

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
vXfGeK0.jpgHow? All I see is this. (I tried to attach a pic, hope it worked, I'm on my phone. If it didn't work I'll try again later today).

lnsertName

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Ohhhhhhhhhh that's your "Downloaded Maps" page.... Tap and hold USA, delete.

Then at the bottom of that screen hit the + symbol and then instead of selecting the whole of USA, download just the states that you need.

Saurabh Rai

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
download lumia storage check beta from nokia beta labs and you can not move maps but delete existing maps and download new ones to sd card
Click thanks if i helped you

ZuNuKoo

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone, this helped a lot. Deleted my old maps. Installing individual ones now. Also Lumia Storage Check doesn't work for the 822 (yet)

Eric The Fruit Bat

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
This was no different from the Ovi Map situation from Nokia back in the Symbian S60 days, people.

"Those people, who have lost a sense of history, are going to have to relive it themselves."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion