How about a notification app for text and email by contact

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Posted this on another thread, but wanted to start it's own thread if people aren't reading the other one. Sorry if this isn't allowed.
===
I was JUST about to post a request. Glad I saw this thread. How about an app that let's you control the email and text notification behavior BY CONTACT.

WP let's you change the ringtone for each contact, but not for texts and emails. Let me explain...

When I go into a meeting, I tend to put my phone on vibrate. I'm an emergency first responder, so when I get a text or email from my notificaiton system, I NEED TO HEAR IT ASAP. I would like the ability to set a "red alert" for example from my notification system so I NEVER miss a notification from it regardless of whether my phone is on vibrate or not.

I know this is something people have asked for but after this morning, where I missed a call for a despondent person (ended up committing suicide), I REALLY NEED this ability.

(Blackberry and other platforms have had this ability for YEARS!!!! It still confuses me as to WHY Microsoft doesn't do this natively.)

Thanks in advance!

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
This has been wanted for a while. An app like this would be received well. Makes you wonder if Microsoft has the devs locked out of accessing what they need to do this.

One of the devs around here can probably answer that.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Nothing like this is available yet

Live tile and set screen time out to never?

That's why I'm asking.

Corporate security policy locks the screen at 5 min max. What I need is an audible alert, just like how you have that option on just about every other system out there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb