Anyone see significant battery drain with Accuweather app?

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I have had it for a week and ever since I pinned the live tile it has obliterated my battery. I uninstalled it earlier today and am still at 100% after 3 hours of moderate forum use. Let me know!

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I had this app over 2 years with all updates and live tile never had a problem with battery drain using Nokia 822 and the trophy on Verizon.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You're battery could also be reading incorrectly. I've experienced similar situations like this. Sure its 100% for 3 hours. I find this highly unlikely.

I'm sure if you reboot the phone, you will get a different value.

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I rebooted twice which I was sure would drop it. One power cycle and one soft reset. 2 hours of video watched in HD and still at 80%. Lol. 2 days remaining.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I rebooted twice which I was sure would drop it. One power cycle and one soft reset. 2 hours of video watched in HD and still at 80%. Lol. 2 days remaining.

I was thinking, have you look at background task what's running, may also be if its a new phone sometimes it takes time for the battery to settle in. Is this a 7.5 7.8 or 8 phone?

tipu2185

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if there is another thrid party app that uses accuweather as source of information?

That said I sent an email to accuweather support team regarding app design and more live tile and lockscreen options. I gave them example of "Flow Weather". They replied very quickly and said that they appreciate the feedback and changes will come if more people would send the feedback.

I cannot use Flow Weather as it is not available for purchase in my region and their weather source does not get my location accurately rather show nearest bigger city.

RoccoH

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Strange, I have Accuweather installed on my lock screen, background app enabled, and with any hourly update, and I was amazed that the battery still was at 100% overnight (7 hours) with charger disconnected, wifi/gps/bluetooth/data all enabled. Lumia 620

Patrick Dunford

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I just bought a Lumia 520 and that was my experience. With the battery drain looking like it was only going to last for 8 hours on Standby, I went into Settings and found accuweather and Angry Birds Roost were in the list of apps that always run in the background, so I uninstalled both apps completely. However, I also gave the battery its first full charge to 100% and changed my email sync settings to 2 hours for most accounts.

Since then the phone is still at 100% after 6 hours on standby, and with usage, it looks like it will last 24 hours.

tito_swineflu

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I just disabled accuweather after confirming that it was responsible for my terrible battery drain. It definitely can start killing your battery life. I'm on a galaxy s2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99