Netflix or HuluPlus - which is better

msualum

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
So with Hulu Plus being released, what's the consensus for which service is better. I'm thinking of getting a paid subscription for Hulu Plus.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I recently had my own problems with Hulu Plus. To summarize, Hulu Plus delivers content too late for certain shows. For example, I finished White Collar before Hulu had it available for streaming. Warehouse 13 started on the finale. That's unacceptable, IMO. Granted, I'm willing to bet the networks are more to blame than Hulu. Unfortunately, that still leaves me missing large portions of current shows. Netflix recently lost a large portion of their movie catalog but I don't plan on canceling. I'll probably get rid of Hulu next month. Might get an Amazon Prime account. There's no WP app but I don't really watch too many videos on my WP anyway.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I've tried both, I prefer Netflix's selection better as well as their app/streaming performance. Id try Amazon Prime, but they don't upport Windows Phone or Windows 8.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I have both and use both for different reasons. Hulu for shows
Netflix for movies. If I could only pick one, it would be Hulu Plus. I don't have time to watch as many movies anymore and that is what I use Netflix for. I have Amazon Prime too, but we never use it.

Last edited:

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
For me, its both in conjunction with one another. Netflix has some great older and fairly recent movies.that are nice to finally catch up on. I'm more a TV guy. So Netflix is nice to catch up on current shows and shows already off the air. Hulu Plus allows me to watch my current shows I miss for whatever reason and now is one of the places two of my favorites soaps, that were cancelled and now resurrected, are being shown on.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have both and use both for different reasons. Hulu for shows
Netflix for movies. I could only pick one, it would be Hulu Plus. I don't have time to watch as many movies anymore and that is what I use Netflix for. I have Amazon Prime too, but we never use it.

This

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo