Full, official YouTube app

kalo88

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Maybe someone could clarify (only just got a windows phone yesterday) but, are you able to put a song on with Youtube and then go to another app and it will continue or not?

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Maybe someone could clarify (only just got a windows phone yesterday) but, are you able to put a song on with Youtube and then go to another app and it will continue or not?
Nope. You can put a song on and turn off the screen, but not navigate away from the app.

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Looks legit (on par with MetrTube - will uninstall), but the UI in MyTube and VIDEO SCROLLING is so superior, too bad it doesn't handle playlists...

Agent-P

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
While I really appreciate what Microsoft has done with this app, there's still one feature I wish it had. When someone sends me a YouTube link via SMS or something, it still opens up in IE. I would prefer that it open up in this app since it allows video scrubbing, resolution selection, etc. Since MS released this app, they should be able to allow that integration.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
While I really appreciate what Microsoft has done with this app, there's still one feature I wish it had. When someone sends me a YouTube link via SMS or something, it still opens up in IE. I would prefer that it open up in this app since it allows video scrubbing, resolution selection, etc. Since MS released this app, they should be able to allow that integration.
It works for vnd links, which is what apps use to launch directly to the video. In general, I think Microsoft should provide this "URL catching" functionality for any app. It will go a long way to providing usable inter app communication. For example, there are many places which simply aren't found through Bing's local search. I can find them through Google, but most will provide a Google Maps link. If GMaps Pro could catch maps.google.com URLs and navigate to the said place, it would be fantastic.

e1ys1um

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Ooohhhh, an even better feature of the YouTube app from Microsoft:

Microsoft YouTube App Is A Rule Breaker; It Strips Ads, Downloads Video

Unfortunately, it breaks some of Google's terms of service. We'll see how long Google holds out before it starts F$%&*^%@# with the feed, again.

Still pisses me off that Google breaks YouTube with IE on WP8, and even IE 10 on Win8.

Well if they do go after the MS version they will have to take down MetroTube and myTube too as they both do this.
Would imagine it would be an easy fix to 'turn' the ads back on if needed.

I'm personally liking the app, seems to handle my watch later and favourites lists better than the alternatives which always had videos missing.

One thing i have noticed and was wondering if anyone else has, my 'other' had jumped up 500meg since install and i have no vids saved for offline use. Guessing its not clearing its cache properly or something.
I've reported it just incase.

haikallp

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else get the - Youtube_WP: Version 3.0.4888.1: Problem Report error when opening the application?
Asks me to send a report to microsoft.

The error message is related to 'Operation not permitted on IsolatedStorageFileStream'

HTC 8x opening app from home screen

Yes, same here! I have a HTC 8X too and this error message keeps popping up upon startup but the weird thing is, the app still works. I realized that this only happens when you are logge in to your YouTube account. Does not happen when you're not logged in. Another problem I have is sometimes a video can't be played for no apparent reason.

DJRedLine

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes, same here! I have a HTC 8X too and this error message keeps popping up upon startup but the weird thing is, the app still works. I realized that this only happens when you are logge in to your YouTube account. Does not happen when you're not logged in. Another problem I have is sometimes a video can't be played for no apparent reason.

This issue happened when not logged in also. Not occured though since version 3.0.5015.1

JMBasquiat

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It's not a full YouTube app until you can upload to YouTube using the app. I can't seem to find that option. Metrotube doesn't seem to have it either.

Psyk00

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Nice last update - still can't watch videos over cellular connection and Problem_WP smth persists. Way to go Microsoft :grincry:

eeewing

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
It looks like this app is no longer coming up in searches of the store, though the direct links still work. Wonder what's up?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss