Need app similar to Skyfire

ValinEndac

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone.
I was just wondering if by chance someone knew of an app that was similar to Skyfire browser on Android?

I've been looking for awhile now and have come up empty in my searches.
I need an app that would let me use a flash based site.

I still love my Samsung Focus, but I really need this feature if I'm going to keep using it.

Also, even if it's a WP8 app, I don't. Really mind as I was thinking of upgrading soon.

I really appreciate any help on this matter.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I have never heard of any sort of Flash on WP. Unlike Android, all browsers in the WP Store are based on IE. Flash is one of those things that I have come to terms with not having.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Adobe killed flash on mobile devices. To be honest, I've never been impressed with flash on webOS or Android.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Flash isn't exactly great on any mobile device, but there are definite times even bad flash would be better than no flash. That said, short of WP8 being rooted in some way, don't ever expect it.

ValinEndac

May 9, 2012
Visit site
That's what I expected.
I was sort of hoping with WP8 ot had fixed this one caveat I have for picking up a newer device.

Now I need to either buy an Android (shutters) or try to budget for a tablet to bring with me.

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Flash Videos, and FlashVideo+TubeMusic are good replacements for Adobe Flash. GetThemAll will let you download many types of files from browser.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Why do you need flash?

The best solution is to remote desktop into a computer and use a browser that actually does flash well.
Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express

ValinEndac

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't need flash for videos or anything like that.
What I actually need flash for is to practice my Chinese.
I use a website to do that as it's. The best and I've yet to find a better way.

I know it sounds a little funny, but that's a pretty important thing for me being able to practice on my phone.

I was just hoping they had finally ported Skyfire to WP8, as I believe it doesn't actually use the flash player on your phone, but instead opts to run the flash on their servers and let's you interact with it. Not positive, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

I had even considered buying an iPod just to use the Skritter app they have on it.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Can't you use an app to practice Chinese? There are some really good learn language apps.

As I said your best bet is to just use remote desktop. ConnectMe is by far the best rdp app.

ValinEndac

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I would use remote desktop, but I don't have a desktop PC at my house.
All of my PC's are laptops and I would hate to leave them plugged in and powered on while I was out of the house.

While I have been thinking lately just buying an iPod to use alongside a WP8 is probably my best choice. I already know the developers of Skritter won't. Port their app over to another platform anytime soon.
I would switch to a different app for my mobile learning, but this is the only one that actually does help me with remembering how to write the characters.

I do appreciate all of the help from everyone on here.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
You could spend.... $30? On an old crappy desktop, load up Win8 and use that for remote desktop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss