Why does Slacker look more metro on iOS and Android than WP

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Exactly... when are they gonna release new updates for the apps ?! (both WP8 and Win8), the app is quite ugly and feature-lacking

Gallo991

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, it's pretty frustrating that they are ignoring the WP8 user base for some reason. It's now going on 6 months since they released this crappy app with not one single update since then. They managed, however, to get the BlackBerry version ported over - sigh.

Before I gained some sense and switched to Windows Phone from Android, I was a paid user of Slacker. In fact, the availability of the Slacker app on WP8 was one of the reasons it made it a bit easier for me to switch because I got a lot of use out of it. Then I found out that they could pretty much care less about Windows Phone users (as evidenced by their 6 month update shun when, at the same time, they blitzed every other platform with their new app redesign). The very worst about it isn't just from a design standpoint. It's also from a functionality standpoint. The features you PAY for are NOT available in this half-assed, buggy, "current" version of the WP8 Slacker app. No Playlists, no downloading offline content, etc..). I cancelled my subscription with them a few months ago and left them a somewhat scathing review on the Windows App Store (not that they seem to be listening anyway).

https://support.slacker.com/entries/22158760-Can-I-download-Playlists-or-Albums-to-my-Windows-Phone-7-8-device-

Gee - thanks so much Slacker.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it's pretty frustrating that they are ignoring the WP8 user base for some reason. It's now going on 6 months since they released this crappy app with not one single update since then. They managed, however, to get the BlackBerry version ported over - sigh.

Before I gained some sense and switched to Windows Phone from Android, I was a paid user of Slacker. In fact, the availability of the Slacker app on WP8 was one of the reasons it made it a bit easier for me to switch because I got a lot of use out of it. Then I found out that they could pretty much care less about Windows Phone users (as evidenced by their 6 month update shun when, at the same time, they blitzed every other platform with their new app redesign). The very worst about it isn't just from a design standpoint. It's also from a functionality standpoint. The features you PAY for are NOT available in this half-assed, buggy, "current" version of the WP8 Slacker app. No Playlists, no downloading offline content, etc..). I cancelled my subscription with them a few months ago and left them a somewhat scathing review on the Windows App Store (not that they seem to be listening anyway).

https://support.slacker.com/entries...sts-or-Albums-to-my-Windows-Phone-7-8-device-

I had a paid subscription to Slacker back when I used BlackBerry. I did not renew my subscription when I switched to Windows Phone for the same reason as you.

I decided to subscribe to Nokia Music+ instead.

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
... no downloading offline content...

I have the Slacker Radio app on my Lumia 920 and you can download stations for offline listening. I've done it. Last time I asked Slacker when they were going to update their Windows Phone app, they said they were working on it--that was months ago. I wish they'd hurry up already. I still like their music mixes better than any other service I've tried, including Nokia Music.

bigbmc26

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site

https://support.slacker.com/entries...sts-or-Albums-to-my-Windows-Phone-7-8-device-

It's not even a port, it's a native app. There are some things missing from the new app. You can't choose to ban just the song or ban the entire artist from a station like the old app. I agree, though, they need to update the WP8 app, but keep all the old functionality.

osumorris2315

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Just talked through email to a slacker support representative. He assured me there are future plans for an updated app for WP. He said right now there is no concrete release date as the platform has not caught on as much as they'd like to warrant rushing the process.

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire