live tile creator

Kontekst

May 12, 2013
Visit site
hey guys, i recently found a live tile creator, for creating tiles that are just on the home screen to look good.
is there an app that can create live tiles that have different images on both sides, not just image on one, and text on the other? it seems like this is bound to Windows Phone, because i never saw an App on my home screen that had images on both sides. but my phone is unlocked, so maybe there is a homebrew app for that.

i'm using windows phone 7.8.

Kontekst

May 12, 2013
Visit site
i got the "custom tiles maker" app, and somehow it won't work at all. it says "step 2: select front picture" so i do. it goes back to the app, shows a white screen for a couple of hours and then i'm back at this settings menu. i believe that under the "select front picture" button there would be a preview of the picture, but it doesn't. if i swipe over to the "preview" page, there is no preview.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
i got the "custom tiles maker" app, and somehow it won't work at all. it says "step 2: select front picture" so i do. it goes back to the app, shows a white screen for a couple of hours and then i'm back at this settings menu. i believe that under the "select front picture" button there would be a preview of the picture, but it doesn't. if i swipe over to the "preview" page, there is no preview.

That's weird...i make new tiles every few days and I've never seen that...do you have the right version? Custom Tiles Maker is the version for WP 8 and there's another version for WP 7. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

Kontekst

May 12, 2013
Visit site
i'm pretty sure there is a WP 7 Version of Custom Tiles Pro too, it wouldn't install if it's a WP 8 app. i tried out custom tiles rotator though, and it behaves the same. but it seems like this app is just creating a one sided tile and the single image is just changing every x minutes.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
i'm pretty sure there is a WP 7 Version of Custom Tiles Pro too, it wouldn't install if it's a WP 8 app. i tried out custom tiles rotator though, and it behaves the same. but it seems like this app is just creating a one sided tile and the single image is just changing every x minutes.

I wish I could see what you see so I can help you. I do know that the 2 sided flip tile only works for the medium and large tiles. I believe its called the square and wide tiles.

When you enter the app, click Simple Tiles. Click square as your size. Select the front image. Check the enable tile back image box. Select the back image. Then click the arrow at the bottom. The tile should automatically pin itself to your start screen. I just verified all of the above steps. It may vary slightly for the rotator version. But try to complete the above steps over again using the tiles maker first then the rotator second and then see if it works.

Kontekst

May 12, 2013
Visit site
well, maybe we could skype.
i tried to follow your instructions, but i didn't found something called "simple tiles". i wasn't sure which app you were talking about, so i looked for this in both, and i didn't find it.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
well, maybe we could skype.
i tried to follow your instructions, but i didn't found something called "simple tiles". i wasn't sure which app you were talking about, so i looked for this in both, and i didn't find it.

Its in custom tiles maker. When you launch the app, look at the top. You'll see Tiles, then swipe over and you'll see Lock screen, NFC tags, then back to Tiles. Under Tiles you'll see several options: Simple Tiles, Changing tiles, default shortcuts, text tiles and help. You need to click on the first option: Simple Tiles. Then follow the instructions I wrote above. Can u find it now? :)

Kontekst

May 12, 2013
Visit site
guess you're using WP 8 and it's different there. i got the pages "create", "preview" and "action".

update: here's what i see, maybe this does help you.

Last edited:

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
guess you're using WP 8 and it's different there. i got the pages "create", "preview" and "action".

Thanks for the video. I didn't see you select an image. Did you pick your front image first...then the back image?

Also are you able to use custom tiles maker, the regular one not the pro?

Kontekst

May 12, 2013
Visit site
like i've already said:
it says "step 2: select front picture" so i do. it goes back to the app, shows a white screen for a couple of hours and then i'm back at this settings menu.
it's the same way on the regular one and the pro version.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs