Amazing Weather HD - Where does it pull its data from?

Mainer82

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Right now, in Levant, ME (04456) it says that there's a 100% chance of rain, however, The Weather Channel (app and website) says 0% as does MSN... anyone notice this? Is it possible to get the app to pull data from TWC? I much prefer their data vs AW HD but prefer AW HD style/look to TWC.

What's odd is their radar shows now clouds over the majority of the State. :S

Am I mis-interpreting the readings for 2200?
wp_ss_20130608_0001.png wp_ss_20130608_0002.png

Last edited:

Mainer82

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the information, I've emailed the developers.

I wish I had noticed this before I purchased the app... I prefer accuracy over looks and should have been more careful.

Last edited:

Mainer82

May 22, 2013
Visit site
It's doing it again today, AW HD says 50% chance for 2PM and TWC says 0%. TWC was accurate last night and will be today as well. I'll probably have to switch back to TWC.

Mainer82

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Here's their lackluster response, and due to that they got a poor review from me just now on their app listing.

Hi there,
We are truly sorry for the inconvenience, unfortunately it's not currently possible to use other weather providers, we use Weather Underground data, but we're very glad you like AW!
Regards.
So you're very glad I like the app? Where'd they get that from? Maybe there's a language barrier..? Oh well, back to TWC it is.

pillswoj

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I uninstalled after having paid for it for this very reason. The accuracy sucks and what is the point of a weather app if it is wrong.

allos autos

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
On my Lumia 920 I use Amazing Weather HD for my lock screen and Weather View for my live tile. On my Surface I use The Weather Network. Right now, AWHD is showing a temperature 1C cooler than the other two, and all three show rain. It currently is raining and I can't tell the difference between 17C and 18C (62F and 64F). This is representative of my experience. It's usually a little different, but not so much that one would notice.

Edit for Clarification: I'm in Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I think it is funny that The Weather Channel owns Weather Underground.

That being said I use Amazing Weather with no issues at all.

I do wish the quality of the radar was better. It looks pretty awful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo