Apple Buys HopStop a few hrs back and drops Windows Phone support

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
You're right. It isn't being published anymore.

I wouldn't have any use for this app, since Nokia Transport provides the bus/commuter train info, but I don't know if Nokia Transport is available on all Windows Phones, or if it's exclusive to Nokia devices. If Nokia Transport is exclusive to Nokia devices, then I could see where people who have HTC or Samsung devices might not be too happy that HopStop is discontinued.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yep, we do. The funny thing is in India nothing runs on time :D .. buses, trains etc .. are always late

I sometime get on the buses which were supposed to arrive 5 mins earlier as the app suggested :p

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
No one supports the Philippines anyway, so it's not of any concern to me.
But, still, this is quite a move. I wonder why they did this.

If they put up the not enough market share argument, I can always argue that there's an active dev community :)

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Yep, we do. The funny thing is in India nothing runs on time :D .. buses, trains etc .. are always late

I sometime get on the buses which were supposed to arrive 5 mins earlier as the app suggested :p
Here, the buses are always early. They're competing with each other for the passengers.

For example, not a day goes by without a bus accident due to overspeeding.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Trains here are on time, but people need to get to the station early. We have the absolute most unfriendly machines at the stations to buy train passes. It involves about 10 steps just to use money or credit card to purchase a pass from these infernal machines. I've never seen anything worse anywhere else. It would be easy to miss the train whilst attempting to purchase a pass.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
trust me you ppl have it better ..

mumbai_640.jpg

frostieDE

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I cannot imagine anybody in Germany is using this: we have "DB Navigator" which supports all types of trains and busses across the country :D

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Is a real crappy move by Apple if this is the case. I don't use it or even heard of the app as I use Nokia Transport in Canada which works extremely well for me.

nube_android

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Trains here are on time, but people need to get to the station early. We have the absolute most unfriendly machines at the stations to buy train passes. It involves about 10 steps just to use money or credit card to purchase a pass from these infernal machines. I've never seen anything worse anywhere else. It would be easy to miss the train whilst attempting to purchase a pass.
where do you live?

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Typical apple trying to monopolise the market to stay on top....wont work. Wp is growing and growing and one app wont mean anything.

Considering alot of forums sre calling their "budget" iphone a lumia wannabe and a bad one at that this wont achieve anything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss