Anyone else not thrilled with Rudys style?

Zokudu

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I appreciate Rudy Huyns work and the apps that he is bringing to the platform. I also really like that he does have a discernable style as opposed to white text on black background.

I'm just not thrilled with his styling. Am I the only one? Just something about it irks me in a way.

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I don't use his apps also... but he is doing great job developing wikipedia, 6sec and 6stagram for our beloved OS - thats for sure. :)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
This dude is awesome. I like his style. His apps looks far better than a lot of other developers(look at instance for example) and I appreciate all the work he goes through to make our experience as good as possible.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I love his Wiki app and use it frequently. I downloaded 6sec, but never used it yet, so I can't speak on it's design.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I appreciate Rudy Huyns work and the apps that he is bringing to the platform. I also really like that he does have a discernable style as opposed to white text on black background.

I'm just not thrilled with his styling. Am I the only one? Just something about it irks me in a way.

What don't you like about his app exactly? Always best to give specific examples and solutions. Doing that helps devs out.

Elephant2000

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I like his work, actually. If Microsoft or Vine or Instagram does not act for Windows phone, I am glad he steps up.

However, I am disappointed in the fact that 6sec is "free", but you have to pay to post. While I understand these things cost money to make and maintain, make it pay up front.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I like his work, actually. If Microsoft or Vine or Instagram does not act for Windows phone, I am glad he steps up.

However, I am disappointed in the fact that 6sec is "free", but you have to pay to post. While I understand these things cost money to make and maintain, make it pay up front.

Problem is that some people will think the exact opposite. Really is a catch 22....

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure, but were you around in the early WP7 days over 2 years ago?

In those days 3rd party clients for YouTube were a joke compared to what we have on WP today. One app, i.e. LazyTube, wasn't particularly pretty nor functional, it had to launch YouTube videos through the browser. However, over the course of a few months the amazing developers at LazyWorm brought the YouTube client's functions up to par with Google's official YouTube apps on iOS and Android. In some respects, this 3rd party client was better than Google's official apps. The app I am talking about is none other than MetroTube

Instance is still a version 1.0 product, though a damn good one compared to the way MetroTube and others started out. Rudy did an awesome job and I am excited to see how he will evolve and further develop the app, exciting times ahead.

Also, having seen LazyWorm and other developers (e.g. Davide Bergamini, Seles Games, Liquid Daffodil and WPC's own Jay Bennet) grew their apps over the past couple of years on WP is probably the reason why I am sticking with this platform. It's just amazing to see these people contribute in such amazing and unique ways, so kudos to all of them, especially Rudy for a great showing with Instance!

Killer BIGxyz

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Instance isn't Rudy's app mate, it's made by Daniel Gary :) Rudy Hyun is beta testing '6stagram' his own Instagram client

I know that, I'm just saying that I like how Rudy has 6sec(vine) layout, but I like how Daniel has instance (instagram). Rudys 6tagram is obviously more featured but I still like instance's UI better. It feels more like a official instagram app to me

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I know that, I'm just saying that I like how Rudy has 6sec(vine) layout, but I like how Daniel has instance (instagram). Rudys 6tagram is obviously more featured but I still like instance's UI better. It feels more like a official instagram app to me

yup, forget to quote, my post is to blizkh

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Instances UI is a tad blah to me especially since we have 6sec and 6stagram.

The filters for it suck instance as well.

I'm just glad we have an app that is actually going to work well and be better supported than instance ever was.

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I like his "style" it looks VERY nice. However, I would much prefer a more metroish UI. I prefer Instance's UI but I still like Rudy's take on UI :)

I think one change that needs to be made is move the "My Profile" and "Activity" buttons to the bottom.

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Instances UI is a tad blah to me especially since we have 6sec and 6stagram.

The filters for it suck instance as well.

I'm just glad we have an app that is actually going to work well and be better supported than instance ever was.

U say "...ever was." like its been out for a long time. Instance has only been out a month or 2. Its practically a beta, itself. I do believe that 6stagtam will win me over from Instance, but u can't deny that Instance is a great app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb