My own maps and google maps POI together

merapi

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I had android phone with following combination:
When I went to any place (city, landscape) I had prepared my own map in Mobac (MOBile Atlas Creator) and imported it into excellent Locus maps software. I also had Google maps "My places" kmz file with POI of that place (shops, pubs, museums, landmarks, etc) imported and combined in Locus maps software. Beeing in the town I was offline, with a town map (map or satellite), filled with my own POIs and I could use it as a town map (with GPS location). I did not need navigation.
Is something similar to that in WP8 (Nokia Lumia 620)? How can I prepare that? Could I import kmz (or kml) file into Windows Map?

Thanks a lot

Richard

Last edited:

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
You are using a specific app (Lotus Maps), you need to ask the developer if they will suport Windows Phone platform.

Here Maps have "favorites" (or points of interes), and I guess Nokia has an API for maps, they (Lotus devs) need to use that API.

merapi

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi Xpider_MX
Thats not the question. I know I cant use Locus Map. Simplify, my question is:
How to import KMZ POI from Google maps or Google Earth to Windows map?

MetalHd

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
Agreed, just an app that can sync somehow with a map program. Hike n Bike lets you import from skydrive. I'm more hoping for an app that supports google maps login / sync with the cloud. I like to drop pushpins on a map and share it before we go on a trip.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss