windows 8 bing apps on windows phone 8 now!!!!

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
they seem to be US only ... many users are going to miss them outside US

Changing language / region settings to US will help for those who want them

vikrant6

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
This is what the bing blog says "Today we are bringing many of those experiences to Windows Phone users around the world" So I think they will come to all markets, just need to have a bit of patience..

humdinger

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Interestingly, I was able to download the XAPs from the "Download and install manually" link at the bottom. Don't know if they'll fail to install (I don't have a USB cable on me).

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Interestingly, I was able to download the XAPs from the "Download and install manually" link at the bottom. Don't know if they'll fail to install (I don't have a USB cable on me).

I did this from my appstore "en-ca" and the apps would not install. They show up but are greyed out.I have an ATIV S with GDR2 as well.

wilks7

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
these are really cool...so if I pin my favorite teams from sports will the live tile give score updates for that team? or if I pin NFL will the live tile give scores for games?. I didn't think I would find a weather app that would replace accuweather but bing weather just might be the one

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded news & weather last night in US Verizon 822. News is a keeper and now can delete the ABC app I used till now, ABC is included with news. Don't like the weather app way too slow, no pinch to zoom in maps, accuweather is a lot better.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I find them disappointing apart from the weather as they mostly just redirect you to a website with some feeds with no way of knowing which ones will do so. For example, the Sky app has all the stories within the app while Bing news shows a headline then just sends you to their ad heavy site when clicked. Not very elegant.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss