WeatherLive is dead ? what now?

SpideyCoco

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I've been always a fan of knowing what the weather is like when I go outside, so I've always kept my phone with a Weather app installed. When I bought my Lumia 710, I decided to go with WeatherLive. It had a nice interface, it got me just the information I wanted, and most important, it had a nice Live Tile and the information was accurate.

Now, WeatherLive is going to stop working by the end of this month, and so I am left with no weather app. I have tried Accuweather, Weather Channel, Vieather, BeWeather, Weather (by LaurentbdVos), Foreca, and quite a few more and I still can't find a suitable replacement. I always find myself with apps with information that's not accurate, or ugly UI, or ugly Live tiles, or maybe all of them together. :crying:

So I want to read you, what app should I use?

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Bing maps has potential. I have a few weird things about it when compared to Amazing Weather HD.

First, see screenie....
weather1.JPG

I like that Amazing Weather HD shows a rain chance. Deal breaker? Not even close. The main thing, though is the descrepency in the weather.

The Bing weather is different. If you go to Bing weather on a PC you see they give you three sources: weather.com, Foreca and iMap.

I've never heard of Foreca and iMap, but it is indeed iMap giving me the 67 degrees, while Weather.com shows 70. (Amazing Weather HD might be using Weather Underground I think...)

I have not found a setting to chance the weather source and I don't know how reliable iMap weather is.

The other thing is Bing weather is just a blue tile. There is no option to match the theme of my phone. I'm not sure if that is going to bug me yet or not. :smile:

Bing weather has animated radar, and it's nice.. very nice.

I'm gonna try Bing weather for a while as my main weather app to see how I like it.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I like amazing weather. The new bing weather app is ok, but it doesn't have wide live tile support, or lock screen support. Also, the location seems a bit off. It wouldn't find the town I'm in via location or text entry, but instead marked us as a town about 30 miles away. I'll wait for more updates on it.

SpideyCoco

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Wow, I never thought I could get so many answers. I've tried Weather Channel from the Nokia Collection and really liked it, though there seems to be a problem with the Live Tile, it's just not updating. As of Bing Weather, well... I'm on WP7, so no luck with that. Weather-to-go seems not simple, but cheap to me, so it's a nope for me. And as of Weather Flow and Amazing Weather they're both paid, and I don't have a credit card right now.

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Im currently using the weather built in to 6.26 am clock app. Its been so accurate its scary. A very good weather app that been very accurate is WeatherMaster also.
I think its worth noting that different weather apps seem to be optimal for different countries so a thurrow testing is always needed.
World Weather really looks nice and been rather good also.

SpideyCoco

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Corepc said:
What about Weatherbug
It doesn't show up in the Marketplace, I think it's not available in Argentina.

Im currently using the weather built in to 6.26 am clock app. Its been so accurate its scary. A very good weather app that been very accurate is WeatherMaster also.
I think its worth noting that different weather apps seem to be optimal for different countries so a thurrow testing is always needed.
World Weather really looks nice and been rather good also.

Exactly, it seems Weather Underground has the most accurate data for my country.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720