Google Blocks NEW YouTube App

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
MS, Nokia, and Samsung should all get together an invest in their own video site. All three would have a lot to gain.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
It's nice to see that for a change most of the comments out there are against Google. Of course most sites have their resident Android trolls that make up the lamest excuses to defend Google, but for the most part I am seeing people side with MS on this one.

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
so, i've been reading a little bit into how antitrust/anticompetitive behavior is defined and it looks to me that this falls right into that category
I know EU has been a bunch of kids for awhile now, may be we can put them to work for once?

Competition - Delivering for consumers

at least i plan on starting something or at least contact them to see if they can help situations like this, Google has came out right and said they won't give WP any support because WP is too small and yet continues to give BB support, i think that alone is enough to prove that they are just being anti competitive

as for anti-trust part, pretty sure a good 80% of the internet relies on YouTube... and YouTube has no competitors to speak of (at least it seems like no other service is in that position) so i don't see how this is different from back in the day when MS was the one being evil

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I guess that latest scroogled advert wasn't the best idea after all...

Ha I had to think of this too! A lot of web pages I visit have Microsoft's "Scroogled" ad on them. I'm sure it doesn't help the relationship. Microsoft is ending up "Scroogling" themselves.

And, there could be more to the story that the media isn't reporting, that they don't know or understand.

Meagey

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Any word in this yet..i was able to open a video in the Microsoft YouTube app from a different website but when I directly go into the youtupe app it still says "something happened and we don't know what"

Sent from my RM-893_nam_tmous_201 using Tapatalk

Doohickie

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Could be trying to project negative publicity toward Google: "We have an app, but *they* are blocking it." Not sure if that's the message the average WP user is taking away though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk