SkyDrive music streaming apps

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
With space on my 920 becoming a premium and as I anticipate will be the same on the 1020, I have decided to upload some/all of my music and playlists to SkyDrive in the hope of streaming the files via cellular or wifi. With that in mind, can anyone recommend an app that can stream music/playlists from SkyDrive please? Preferably one that runs without bugs and any stability issues.

I've found a few in the store but would appreciate some feedback from existing users and/or others who have tried and been disappointed by any particular apps?

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Well..I tried a few and have been left ultimately disappointed.

Some are buggy, crash and produce loads or errors others seem a little limited.

I really need to save space and I'm running out of ideas. I can see this affecting my decision to get the 1020...unless I'm able to get a 64GB model which may not be too likely if it is tied to O2 :(

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Georgia, I will give it a try soon.

It would be great to find an app that could detect playlists that are uploaded to SkyDrive as this would save a lot of time creating playlists on the phone and sorting the desired order of the tracks. Another thing that has been lacking on all the apps I have tried is the ability to skip forwards and backwards through songs. Is Style Jukebox capable of doing either of these, if not would it be possible for future updates?

I think these kind of apps will become extremely popular for many people as the lack of expandable memory is causing some issues. Apps and games take up quite a bit of space for me but there's little room to compromise. Photos can be put on SkyDrive which is helpful but if there was a viable option with music and playlists, that would certainly resolve the issue.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Installed Style Jukebox. Little disappointing that I need to create an account, then download software on my computer for it to work. I just want an app on my phone that can sync files on SkyDrive which I'm already registered to and have an existing app for on my computer.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Gonna have to uninstall Modern Combat 4 for now as it will enable me to reclaim 1.6GBs which will make a huge difference for the time being.

Great game but bloody difficult to control so perhaps I'll reinstall when it gets updated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss