Can't delete Office app

Seminole War

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I deleted the Office app from my Lumia 1020 when I first got my phone and I just noticed its back on my phone don't know how it got back on it but I had did a few updates for different phone apps then I noticed it was back and I can't delete it now I have no use for it so I would like to delete it again

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Wait. What?

You deleted Office? Why? Why buy a windows phone that comes with office as a perk of the OS just to delete it?

It can't actually be removed as its part of the OS. Looks like you're stuck with it.

Doohickie

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
There is no additional charge for Office on WP8, is there (like a licensing fee or renewal)? I don't think there is, but not sure and this looks like a good thread to ask in.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Two schools of thought
1. Its included in the price of your phone and contract
2. MS made it part of the OS as a perk to own WP.

Either way you wont actually ever make a payment or renewal for office on your phone

Doohickie

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Schweet.

Although I have to say, the way I use Office doesn't work on my phone (I use too many advanced features that aren't supported). But I do intend to play with it a little and see what I can use it for on the phone. It would be nice if the full PC version would have a Save for Phone option that would strip out complex formatting and other features that aren't supported in the phone version.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Schweet.

Although I have to say, the way I use Office doesn't work on my phone (I use too many advanced features that aren't supported). But I do intend to play with it a little and see what I can use it for on the phone. It would be nice if the full PC version would have a Save for Phone option that would strip out complex formatting and other features that aren't supported in the phone version.

Ive found it quite useful - I made a custom budget spreadsheet in excel which is great to update whenever I make a purchase or have to pay a bill on the move so no complicated formulas. Found it useful for reviewing powerpoint presentations before meetings and word is great for quick edits on documents - I found that taking it for what it is and not expecting too much from it has made me use it more.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Oh guess I only removed it from start screen when I got my phone I was almost sure I had deleted it guess I'll see if I can find a reason to use it

its nice when you have to view a .doc or .ppt, although that really depends. I'm a student so I have to do that stuff all the time, but the next guy, maybe not so much

its just one of those nice-to-haves

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa