MORE iOS APPS FOR WINDOWS PHONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eroselim

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
IE is not slow, if you just know how to use its functionality. Honestly, If I know, you're just used to Chrome than using IE, Am i right?

xumit

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
IE is not slow, if you just know how to use its functionality. Honestly, If I know, you're just used to Chrome than using IE, Am i right?

Not entirely true, but to some extent, yes. I used android for nearly 3 years and although default browser is a lot slower, chrome is a different thing. Also on every new release of IE, im the one who downloads it first to see what improvements it brings, but IE never disappointed me in failing compared to chrome.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
If you want Chrome on WP please star this issue. You need to be logged in to star it. They may never do it, but at least we can get this among the most requested features and have the developers notice. I think it's in the top 30 by now.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I agree with rdubmu. I as little to do with GOOG as possible. I use GOOG Talk for work because that is what our customer uses and GOOG Finance to keep track of my investment holdings but thats it. I have acceptable alternatives on my phone and like it that way.

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Please support, we feel left out!!!

http://thndr.it/187xtLm

Er, no. The examples given are the wrong answer to the wrong question. We don't need or want horrible looking iOS ports on WP. We want native Windows Phone apps on WP. That's why apps like 6tag and 6sec are so successful because they are beautifully designed and oriented for WP from the ground up. And they take advantage of why WP, IMHO, is a far superior OS than iOS or Android.

Secondly, your choice of apps is unfortunate at best. Are you really waiting for Google to develop Google Apps on WP when you have Office and Skydrive right now? When you buy a Windows Phone, you buy into, to some degree, the Microsoft ecosystem. I don't miss or need any Google services on my phone, none. I only use YouTube from time to time and there are plenty of alternatives, equally capable, if not better.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This is really dumb.

Software developers aren't going to start developing apps for WP because of some petition or online thingy. They're going to develop WP apps because of market share, a metric which developers can check without online petitions. If you want more apps in the Store, get more people using the platform.

Further, of those apps listed, three of them exist for WP and one is currently undergoing development... that's over half. It blows my mind that people are still asking for Instagram when WP has MORE INSTAGRAM SUPPORT THAN ANY OTHER MOBILE PLATFORM.

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Why are people so against Google apps on WP? I don't like Google but you can't deny that there are lots of people who rely on Google's services instead of Microsoft's. There are probably tons of people who would come to WP if it had the apps they needed, so I'm all for Google apps on WP. The only one I would use is YouTube but I know people want gmail, hangouts, etc.

It looks like WP is growing quickly, though! I'm noticing more and more people at school with a Windows Phone (just saw an 8X today, and noticed that my one classmate upgraded his Lumia 900 to a 920) and there is data that shows WP is growing. Hopefully it gets to a point where developers have no choice but to provide us with their apps.

nohra

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
We want chrome! The IE is fslow.

To quote someone else on another thread...

hahahahahaha, oh wait, you're serious?

Let me laugh harder

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

On WP7 I would agree that IE is slow, but on WP8 I rarely have to wait more than a couple seconds on pages to load.

Junaid96

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes it irritates me a little how you guys act like huge MS fanboys.

Chrome is without a doubt better than IE and there is nothing wrong with Google apps. Coming from someone who is more heavily invested into MS products.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes it irritates me a little how you guys act like huge MS fanboys.

Chrome is without a doubt better than IE and there is nothing wrong with Google apps. Coming from someone who is more heavily invested into MS products.
Chrome being better tHan IE is subjective as well as google apps being right or wrong.

The only reason why i am so fine-tuned with google products is because that's what has been shoved down my throat by school.

I am 18 and it wasnt until i was 15 that i discovered Bing lol. That has worked out decently for me even though I still use google more because I am wired to always go to google first. Though I am fixing that.

For me and many others, IE is excellent at what it does and I have no issues or complaints with IE. Again, I was hardwired into thinking chrome as the only browser worth downloading and have always used it exclusively up until last year.

I strongly prefer the look and feel of outlook.com over Gmail because unlike Gmail, I am not forced to sign up for some irrelevant social network eveytime I make an account with outlook.

Gmail is a great email provider yet they are doing too much with it to the point it is getting annoying to use and I prefer the minimalist look of outlook.

There is nothing wrong with google products and by someone saying IE is better than chrome doesn't make them a fan boy.

I dislike google because their operating system annoys me and it is pathetic that they are blocking Microsoft from their apps and citing low market share as a reasoning.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Why are people so against Google apps on WP? I don't like Google but you can't deny that there are lots of people who rely on Google's services instead of Microsoft's...

I am not against it, if Google actually supported this platform sure. But because of this, I don't use google at all. They are actually at war with this platform, they took away support for EAS, and IMAP. Since they took it away, I have logged into my outlook.com account and added gmail to it. I now never log into my gmail account. They were trying to cripple windows phone and I think what will happen instead is they will end up hurting themselves. I now use my hotmail (@outlook.com) account instead of gmail. I still get an occasional email from my google account.

Google Apps are very poor in my opinion. I have to use them for school, with google apps thou, you still get EAS support. Google Docs are horrible, and many other google services are now defunct. Google reader anybody. I will not invest in any platform Google controls because they have a bad reputation with taking a long term approach. I do think there are two products that Google does really well. Google Hangouts, Calendar, and Youtube, but I still try to avoid them.Basically google is just trying to get more information about us so that they can sell ads. They are an advertising company that makes software and other things.

Microsoft makes software on every platform. iOS, Android... and I believe you can port the Onenote app to your blackberry from Android.

This is why I don't want any google products on my phone. I can find great alterinatives. There is nothing that compares to Office, xbox and outlook.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb