Need a good news reader for the BBC.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Can anyone suggest a good news reader for the BBC? The app by Lawrence Gripper is no more obviously so looking for a replacement. I've tried Fuse and Collector but both have issues that make them unusable for me. Also tried nextgen reader but that requires a feedly or google account which I don't have. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. I already use Weave but it doesn't pull down images from the BBC and says it can't make a live tile with less than 2 images. I also tried Paper Boy but that is very slow when it opens up so makes it frustrating to use.

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Bing News? BBC News is a source - its only Top Stories from the feed, and not really any Live Tile support - but you can pin a source tile.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. I already use Weave but it doesn't pull down images from the BBC and says it can't make a live tile with less than 2 images. I also tried Paper Boy but that is very slow when it opens up so makes it frustrating to use.

Yeah it not as good as the BBC app it a shame it got took down.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Bing News? BBC News is a source - its only Top Stories from the feed, and not really any Live Tile support - but you can pin a source tile.

Not a fan at all, for the BBC it just sends you to the website, something I could do manually. And the sub live tiles don't update, pretty bad IMO.

Yeah it not as good as the BBC app it a shame it got took down.

I agree, his BBC news app was on my phones since release on WP7, real shame the BBC had to be gits about it.

vaderag

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Im in the same boat. Used the old one on WP7 and just updated to WP8 so obviously lost it. The same guys has another app, Paperboy, but its rubbish in comparison... Any suggestions welcome!

Sent from my RM-941_eu_euro1_231 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes