OPERA MINI for windows phone 8

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Any idea anyone? When ? How? I am seriously fed up with Opera's stance. They don't even reply on twitter! They are so rude that they keep blaming Microsoft. So sad we have to keep waiting.

kishorekumar_a

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
The main reason I am waiting for Opera for WP8 is to use the Opera Link bookmark sync. Unfortunately no other browser is able to sync with a desktop browser. Do you guys know any possibility for that?

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy with UC browser for now. I found Opera to be rubbish when I had an iphone.

Windows Phone (WinMo) has always had a superior version than Opera Mini found of iOS and Blackberry. Until they dropped support... lol

I would not mind having a full Opera or Opera Mobile, back. I agree, do not need Opera Mini these days, unless you really need data compression.

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
WinMo and WinPhone aren't compatible. Opera mini was never supported in windows phone, but I did use it back in the Mobile days. Its pretty much the same deal as IOS where only Safari is supported. You can skin it, but that's it. I believe there are a few alternative skins for IE, but I don't know what they are or if there is any point. Personally I would like to see real alternatives like Firefox, but its not possible since the APIs are blocked. However IE10 isn't half bad. My biggest complaint is the default font sizes are all screwed up. From what I've seen if you use a reset.css file, then there is no real difference with the desktop version.

Windows Phone (WinMo) has always had a superior version than Opera Mini found of iOS and Blackberry. Until they dropped support... lol

I would not mind having a full Opera or Opera Mobile, back. I agree, do not need Opera Mini these days, unless you really need data compression.

Euell Gibbons

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Given the MS requirement that all third-party browsers for WP8 use the IE rendering engine, it is unlikely you will ever see the major players like Opera or Firefox develop a browser for WP8.

The whole point of using these browsers on Android/iOS is to get a different (better?) rendering engine than provided by the stock browser.

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I just want a stable 3G network which won't eat my battery like it has been starved so far and unlimited data plan. Then I won't ever need Opera Mini.. :-D

Binoya Mathews

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Opera mini will comes on next year...

source??
To all those people saying that its coming, there is something which possibly u are unaware of, MS has made it mandatory that any browser running on windows phone should use Trident rendering engine,the default one in IE. Opera earlier used to use their in-house engine, Presto . Lately, they too have moved on to webkit,the rendering engine of chrome and Safari. It is too much work for them as they have already stated and they currently don`t have any plans for windows phone.

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
source??
To all those people saying that its coming, there is something which possibly u are unaware of, MS has made it mandatory that any browser running on windows phone should use Trident rendering engine,the default one in IE. Opera earlier used to use their in-house engine, Presto . Lately, they too have moved on to webkit,the rendering engine of chrome and Safari. It is too much work for them as they have already stated and they currently don`t have any plans for windows phone.

opera mini developer said they had all tools to make app for windows phone 8 and its on there list and are working on it. They will announce it.

Also uc browser in speed mode and nokia xpress uses their won engine. And about presto,its only used on opera mobile not opera mini

Sent from my Uuusumm Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

Binoya Mathews

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
opera mini developer said they had all tools to make app for windows phone 8 and its on there list and are working on it. They will announce it.

Also uc browser in speed mode and nokia xpress uses their won engine. And about presto,its only used on opera mobile not opera mini

got a screenshot??who confirmed this?
What I`d posted was the reply i got from their twitter account possibly they were referring to opera mobile/the main webkit version then. I`d asked them when is opera coming to windows phone 8?was less specific there I guess.

Sent from my Uuusumm Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb