App for custom tile to open phone dialer?

Jason Drum

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Is there an app like Wiztiles or Custom Tiles Maker that will let me make a custom tile that opens the phone history or go to the phone dialer?

Wiztiles opens the contact list with no way to actually dial a new number.
Custom Tiles Maker lets you make one tile to call one person that's defined.

I currently have white background and want to switch to black. But all the tiles like phone, email, messages have a white icon instead of changing to black. I don't like the looks of it and was probably why I went with the white background in the first place.

Thanks for the help!

Jason Drum

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, while that answers the question I asked, I was pretty vague and doesn't fix what I want. I do like that app though, thank you. I've always thought it dumb that pressing a button that is a picture of a phone doesn't bring up the phone dialer, but I'm used to it.

I guess the broader question is, is there an app that allows me to start any app I want and assign it to a custom tile. I want to be able to change the phone dialer button to be a black phone on colored tile. Likewise with email, SMS, etc. However, the custom tile makers won't open the phone dialer, a mailbox, or the SMS threads. They will only dial prescribed numbers (or open contact list for WT), send an email from a selected account, or open a new SMS to send to someone.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Currently there is no way to start another applications within your own (Except the situation when application provides URI to launch it). No API for mortals. Only vendors has such ability, but they don't care.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium