Shared Calendars in Office 365 on WP??

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I am trying to share some calendars in Office 365. We mostly use Outlook 2007 and you can share the calendar from Outlook (program) or in OWA online. However, it seems that other people's shared calendars do NOT show up on the Windows Phones 8. I did some searches and found a thread from this past May that says that feature is not supported. Is that still the case? If so, what is the best option? Yes, I know about Rooms and they are great and we use them, but that calendar doesn't show up in your Office 365 account. I know you can publish calendars and wonder if that is the only answer.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I would like a solution as well.

This doesn't work on iOS as well. It does work in Outlook 2010, but not in Outlook 2011 for the MAC.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I have been looking into this for some time and spent most of the morning researching it. It is just unbelievable the lack of integration.

We have Office 365 and use Outlook 2007/2010 on our computers and of course have OWA. So, I have a group of people that would like to share a calendar so they can be at the same meetings or see what the others have scheduled that might benefit the group. Of course, an Outlook user can share their calendar. This will go on the Outlook program of others in the group, and also will go to the OWA. However, you can't see these shared calendars on your Windows Phone if they aren't yours.

Then I set up a Public Folder in Exchange and made a calendar. Cool, everyone has this on their Outlook program on their computer and they can all see and add things to the calendar. BUT, public calendars don't show up in OWA, and of course then, they don't show up in a Windows Phone.

So, how about the Rooms in WP, which is a cool feature. In fact, everyone in this group has a Windows phone, except for the admin assistants. Of course, we want the admin assistants to be able to put group meetings on their Outlook program so it syncs to the Windows Phone Rooms calendar everyone else has. Don't see any way to link the Rooms calendar unless you use something like Outlook Connector and set up a Microsoft account.

If anyone has any solutions for this simple problem, post it here.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
It sucks because iPhone and android dont let you see public or shared calendars either. The best solution is to upgrade to Outlook 2013, and just copy drag and drop appointments to one to your personal calendars.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I reached out to the office365 team on twitter. They told me via DM that currently office 365 doesn't support shared calendars on shared devices. Lame! I don't know why they insisted that I follow them so that they could DM me but I assume because thru don't want to make it public.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos