IE question for Nest Thermostat owners

bevmo73

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Was considering buying a nest, but app support is lacking, nest seems to be actively not supporting official app, one 3rd party app removed to dismay, one added recently,

My question to those who have a nest, what is the web portal interface like on the phone internet explorer?
Not so much for detailed config and scheduling but simpler controls:
Can you set heat temp up or down easily? (being lazy at home)
Can you manually turn system off or on / manually override schedule easily? (eg if you go away for a few days and forget to turn the system off).

Cheers

txkimmers

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have a Nest and I often use the app that is in the WP store (there was an unofficial one, then it disappeared, then a new one appeared). I actually use it quite a bit because my Nest has a tendency to decide we are all Away and I have to adjust the temp at home for my cat when everyone is at work/school, etc. Maybe I should tie a balloon to her tail so when she walks past the Nest it registers someone moving around.

I also tend to adjust the thermostat with my phone while in the bedroom (yes, I am lazy too!) and truly, that is really all I need an app for. You can get to the browser based one if you like but even there...well there really isn't that much to fiddle with on a Nest, and I think that is part of the point.

So yes, you can adjust the temp easily, yes you can override the schedule. I live in Texas, and we don't ever ever nope not never turn our air off until November, so I really don't have a need to do that remotely.

Good luck!

bevmo73

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, really appreciate the reply that the new app works and wp IE works. No one on the Nest community seems to be paying any attention to windows phone product request.

I live in SF bay area, don't have or need A/C :), only a bit of heating for Nov-Mar, and my schedule is fairly fixed, but I would just like the ability to adjust heat start times if I'm not coming home until later, or forget to turn it off when I'm away.

Cheers,

I'm not looking for any of the learning features of the nest, just the remote control, so it's a bit over priced for what I need, but has the most passionate user group.
The best alternative seems to be ecobee, but they don't have any wp8 support either, app or mobile web.

bevmo73

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
The nest web site just improved a lot in the last couple of days, works much better on the phone IE as a 'web app' for controlling on, off, away, temperature, but scheduling isn't really possible.

danwanna

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I use an app called wellNEZTed I didn't check today, but it was there as of Friday when I migrated over from my Icon to a HTC One.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)