Disappointed with marketplace

nijo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys

Is anyone else as disappointed with marketplace like I am? The most popular apps aren't there, and the available ones have something annoying about them! Like:

YouTube. Whenever I open the YouTube app from Microsoft, it always doesn't load videos but tells me, Something happened, we don't know what' I ended up uninstalling it.

Instagram.. I know this is a cliche, but all the instagram clients aren't that good either! 6tag has lots of useless ads and it overheats my phone so much that I feel I can cook on top of it haha

There's no decent diary app, and I so want an eBook reader like ibooks. If MS decided to copy Apple's closed system and exclude file manager, they should have included something similar to iTunes' file sharing. Now it's really hard to open files with 3rd party apps without using SkyDrive. And why do I have to always use SkyDrive first? Why can't there be a simpler, open from memory card option?

Anyone sharing my opinions?

Sent from Tapatalk

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Install metrotube (for youtube), you'll be golden.
I don't use instagram so don't know of any alternatives, but I had seen a developer post a thread about his app in the forum, check developer spotlight section.

The appstore sounds disappointing because it only lists apps which work, are free of viruses and worms. MS policies ensure, every app is checked before its made public.

Hope that helps.

ag1986

Banned
Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Install metrotube (for youtube), you'll be golden.
I don't use instagram so don't know of any alternatives, but I had seen a developer post a thread about his app in the forum, check developer spotlight section.

The appstore sounds disappointing because it only lists apps which work, are free of viruses and worms. MS policies ensure, every app is checked before its made public.

Hope that helps.

Just like the Apple App Store does - they seem to have all the apps.

No, the problem is that WP does not have enough market share.

ag1986

Banned
Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
You and everyone else. Give it time, there will be apps. Meanwhile, if your ebooks are from Amazon, the Kindle app should work?

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Check out mytube for Youtube. Its even better than official youtube app and supports offline playlist, download manager, audio only stream etc,
6tag is absolutely fantastic for IG. you will only have to pay 1.29$ for removing ads and its worth it. Regarding your question of Diary and ebook Reader, check out Nokia Reading for ebook reading and sofa or journalizr for diary apps. Hope it helps.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Just like the Apple App Store does - they seem to have all the apps.

No, the problem is that WP does not have enough market share.

Its not about the apps, its about the developers. If you remember the "Bada OS" initially had developer interest but later the interest declined and Samsung dropped the whole idea. WP, when it was launched had little developer interest, but it grew with time.

Since the statistics are always full with only 2 main OS'es (Am not naming them but we already know it), its logical that developers will make apps for these 2 OS'es, simple reason, revenue.

uncletoma

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
You and everyone else. Give it time, there will be apps. Meanwhile, if your ebooks are from Amazon, the Kindle app should work?
Yes, works really fine. Like it, enjoy it.
The problem is not the number of trhe apps (on Androisd there are tons of somilar apps, tons of launchers, live wallpapers and so on.
I prefear a really well done apps instead hundreds.
But the problem is, for me, that there isn't a "my apps" (ok, it's MY app list :winktongue:)or a wish list.
I use them a lot on Play.
Microsoft, please, do them, it's really easy.

nijo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeah hopefully with time more apps will enter the marketplace. I hear MS is trying really hard to get some apps for us. Thanks for your suggestions people

Sent from Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss