BBM for Windows Phone 8 Coming Soon (Report)

Rem97

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
This is great news for me. My iFriends have been telling me to download BBM, and everytime they do, I always change the subject of conversation lol.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
this is good news for Windows Phone though because with all the apps that were announced earlier and now this. There is no reason why anyone shouldn't be switching to Windows Phone now, things are really looking up and I see a bright 2014, I am so excited for Windows Phone now!

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
awesome news because basically i can use my windows phone for work now, only thing that was stopping it was no BBM

lukeap69

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
You can chat with friends who use Blackberry and BBM. In some countries, there is a Blackberry social data package where you use BBM but not Skype, etc.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk 4

Rem97

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
so for those of us who know no better, what benefits does BBM have for us over texting/Skype/iMessage/etc?

It doesn't necessarily have any substantial benefits but, if your if all your friends are using it, then I'm sure you don't want to be left out. ;)

allos autos

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
so for those of us who know no better, what benefits does BBM have for us over texting/Skype/iMessage/etc?

If it's anything like BBM was on my old Pearl, it will tell you when your message has been received and when it has been read. Apart from that, the only reason I can think of regarding why someone would use this is that they don't have an unlimited texting plan and/or don't want to give out their phone number.

SFWriter

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

Text, video and voice messaging; With the full BBM installed (non-Blackberry users will get this in time) you can also share your screen while in a video conversation with just a tap and catch up face-to-face. The new Screen Share feature lets you show photos or your browser, or review a business document. You can even share the view from your camera; voice calls with full 'clear voice' feature; send and receive messages in seconds with up to 2000 characters, and know when your messages are delivered and read; the most secure message platform; with BBM connected apps, you can chat with BBM friends within your apps and select BBM contacts right from the app to invite them to join.

And on and on. Its a good thing :eek:rly:

KnightOfAnfala

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Been wondering about BBM too. I felt a sense of foreboding when they announced availability for iOS and ANdroid. I wouldn't want another Instagram scenario wherein we have an app potentially causing consumers to have second thoughts moving to WP. From initial reactions from my friends on iOS though, there's already a lot of options for messaging and they don't really consider it a big deal. But it's nice to hear that it is probably coming to WP.

immovablesoup

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Confirmed by BlackBerry on facebook:
0P2e9vn.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaviSmalle