Learning to use apps

hink3000

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes apps are quite complicated and the devs don't give good directions on how to use them. How does everyone here learn new apps? Just using them?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 810 Windows Phone 8

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Is there a certain app you need help with. Most apps have a about page sometimes located in the settings menus that may give you direction on how to use.

hink3000

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Some are just in general. I like to try new apps but if they're too complicated, even if they have help pages, I give up. The new read it app, I didn't know anything about what the app did because I never used redditt. I had to go to Wikipedia to read about redditts. I don't have much experience with Social apps so I have to go to the internet to read about the terminology that's assumed the user already knows. I get Skype, but for the life of me, there are things I can't figure out how to do on the phone version, Rt or computer.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Some are just in general. I like to try new apps but if they're too complicated, even if they have help pages, I give up. The new read it app, I didn't know anything about what the app did because I never used redditt. I had to go to Wikipedia to read about redditts. I don't have much experience with Social apps so I have to go to the internet to read about the terminology that's assumed the user already knows. I get Skype, but for the life of me, there are things I can't figure out how to do on the phone version, Rt or computer.

I think you'd probably be better off just browsing on your desktop if you want to learn more about social media. If you're new to social media, I'd suggest reading articles about it first before even trying any specific apps. Once you learn the basics of how it works, then you could try apps.

hink3000

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I think you'd probably be better off just browsing on your desktop if you want to learn more about social media. If you're new to social media, I'd suggest reading articles about it first before even trying any specific apps. Once you learn the basics of how it works, then you could try apps.

That's what I usually do. Sometimes I'll try YouTube as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss