which is the best Facebook app available in the app store right now?

Nibin Yohannan

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Windows official Facebook app is not usable at all due to all the bugs its filled with. Chatting issues,showing more posts from liked pages, slow interface etc. So kindly plz develop an update fixing all these bugs or suggest a good Facebook app. Why can't Microsoft make a Facebook app just like android or iOS ?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Most of the other 'apps' are nothing more than web wrappers. They're working on the Facebook app continuously. The Beta gets updated all the time. Not sure there's really anything better out there for WP.

I think some of the issues with the Facebook app is related to the locked down nature of WP. I think the APIs will have to open up a bit more. I also believe some things are just simply not that 'easy' to fix.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
So are u saying that Microsoft cannot fix the app due to their limitations to wp?

No I'm saying it could be one of the possibilities. We don't know why the issues exist, that's just my thought on things. Keep in mind the Facebook app for WP is not a port from iOS or Android, it's been built from the ground up. The other apps have a history of updates that WP doesn't have.

elfallous

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

The Facebook application is really the weak point of WP, I personally cannot suggest WP to my Android and Apple friend due to this limitation:

The notifications are not working (i got only from time to time some old notification) , i cannot post pictures easily i have to retry several times before can do it. And we need a serious facebook messenger because we don't have one, I need to stay connected and refresh eachtime to check for new messages.

BR

jey979

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Windows official Facebook app is not usable at all due to all the bugs its filled with. Chatting issues,showing more posts from liked pages, slow interface etc. So kindly plz develop an update fixing all these bugs or suggest a good Facebook app. Why can't Microsoft make a Facebook app just like android or iOS ?

in android and ios Facebook inc made the app!! :-/

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I think because wp Facebook is not a official Facebook from Zuckerberg. And Android and ios are official.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Why do I keep hearing this? The MS Facebook app is the official app. The app is written by MS with help from Facebook. Whatever this issues are in relation to the app comes down to several things that we probably don't know the full details of. We can only guess.

Also keep in mind that the app is still newish. Saying that I don't expect a better update until WP8.1 but that's my opinion.

anon(5101585)

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand why Facebook themselves don't develop the Windows Phone app. They do it for iOS and Android, they know their platform best, and they absolutely have the resources. I think it's funny that Instagram has finally arrived, developed by Instagram... a Facebook owned company.

Nibin Yohannan

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Ya like omullins said am also confused by the fact that if facebook can develop instagram for windows then why can't they develop a Facebook app for the same . Its quite strange i must say ��

admorris#AC

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

The Facebook application is really the weak point of WP, I personally cannot suggest WP to my Android and Apple friend due to this limitation:

The notifications are not working (i got only from time to time some old notification) , i cannot post pictures easily i have to retry several times before can do it. And we need a serious facebook messenger because we don't have one, I need to stay connected and refresh eachtime to check for new messages.

BR

I'm an Android geek and I can tell you that notifications suck on Android as much as they do on WP. I've also experienced this with two iterations of the iPhone. It's a FB thing, not a WP thing.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

BR

All of these features are *built into WP* and they all work perfectly. There's really no need for a Facebook app at all- I'm not sure why people are constantly looking for one.

Notifications? Me tile. Timeline? People hub. Pin individual friends to start to see all updates from them. Timeline of pictures only? Photo hub. Picture upload? Share pictures from the photo hub to Facebook. Chat? Go online in WP messaging (where you get SMS).

Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon