Moliplayer pro- now we can save downloaded videos to SD card....!!!

kvrbrijith

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
If we are trying to install some file manager app from the store, we can see a sentence in their description- as a note- SD card is read only for 3rd party apps, you can only view the files, cannot delete/rename/move the files in SD card. This is due to os restriction. In the same manner, we can't access music folder (with its subfolders) and video folder by these apps.... Very sad... rite...?
Now, a new media player- ''Moliplayer pro'' has come to the store with better SD card management... it offers some features that other apps can't offer
1. Can delete videos from SD card
2. Save videos sent by bluetooth to a specific folder in SD card( videos can be moved from ''saved picture'' folder)
3. Can save videos downloaded by 3rd party apps like ucbrowser, file downloader etc to SD card
4. We can access default music and video folders (including subfolders).
Beyond these features, this player comes with password protection, gesture support, subtitle support, etc
It plays almost all video and audio formats
I think, this may be the best media player available in the store..
MoliPlayer Pro | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (भारत)

Kryakus

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Does this mean MS granted special permissions to Moliplayer app?
Looks like it, and I think that other developers won't be happy about it if MS won't give such access to every developer :) This "special permissions" already create unfair competition (wi-fi transfer in yxplayer vs. direct USB transfer in moliplayer) at the market and this is not really good for WP apps ecosystem.

Kryakus

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Well I am ok as long as the app is safe and does not disturb the excellent security features in WP
MoliPlayer have ability to delete files from internal memory (limited to camera roll) & SD card, so "excellent security" is not very suitable anymore ;)

anon(5844482)

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Well in that case I really am saddened by this move of MS. Also, Moliplayer can save a video in 'videos' folder. The reason why downloaded/received videos could not be saved was because they could not be checked for copyrights. I don't think a third party app should get more rights than an OS itself. It is ok if it gets more than other third party apps.

anon(5844482)

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Well as a developer (Kirik SD File Viewer app), I can understand. Nevertheless I pity users who would want to play all types of videos and are not able to. But if an app gets more rights than OS, it really defeats the whole purpose. I'm a fan of WP over anything, and the last thing I can stand is any app allowed to mess with the system. Also, I'm not sure why MS did not give such rights to apps like Whatsapp which is used by millions of users.

Rahul Nirwan

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Moliplayer is not the only app that can access SD card. Nokia Mix Radio can access to some extent. We can save song in SD card after downloading from Nokia store. So there might be some work around to do this.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Well as a developer (Kirik SD File Viewer app), I can understand. Nevertheless I pity users who would want to play all types of videos and are not able to. But if an app gets more rights than OS, it really defeats the whole purpose. I'm a fan of WP over anything, and the last thing I can stand is any app allowed to mess with the system. Also, I'm not sure why MS did not give such rights to apps like Whatsapp which is used by millions of users.
App gets no more than OS. OS can do everything. MS just decided NOT TO DO a lot of things because WP dev team is too lazzy to do them. It is always a great excuse of your inability to think forward when you just say, this is restricted! Why? We don't know :)

One example of this:
What member of MS said about permission to access video files , captured by camera:

"We do document the ID_CAP_MEDIALIB_VIDEO as allowing read only access to the library. Unfortunately the decision was made before the product shipped that this capability would be removed. We removed this capability due to the fact that we don't allow 3rd party video extensibility."

Why? Look at top :) We don't know.

Its hard to understand what or who was the prime voice to apply myriads of restrictions to third party applications. If MS thought that platform will raise by itself without developers, they were wrong, if not, why hinder the development?

anon(5844482)

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
In case of Moliplayer app does get more than OS. Currently there is no way to save a video to Music+videos hub, not even via the OS. All other functions are available. The reason is because videos cannot be checked for copyrights unlike music. Also, drm protected music files cannot be synced due to the same reason.

Moliplayer can do both!

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
In case of Moliplayer app does get more than OS. Currently there is no way to save a video to Music+videos hub, not even via the OS. All other functions are available. The reason is because videos cannot be checked for copyrights unlike music. Also, drm protected music files cannot be synced due to the same reason.

Moliplayer can do both!

Moliplayer dev is a Nokia Partner in China and thus he got the access to OEM level api.

kvrbrijith

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
As per the information i got, moliplayer is OEM partner of Nokia in China. That's why they got better access to SD Card.
I don't know whether the other developers can enjoy such freedom...

API_Rock

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi, can u pls tell me hw to export downloaded video to sd card, i have downloaded from YouTube in moliplayer, but there is no option to export to SD card ��

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster