Spotify now free on mobile-app not?

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Spotify has now made its free service include mobile devices but the Spotify app still asks for a premium account.

Can anyone confirm this is the app causing this or the account?

kklkn

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I just tweeted them, it's a shame to ignore as much as 10% of marketshares in some countries like they seem to do ! Or maybe they are processing an update, and we'll just have to wait

Jessica Lares

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
The Windows Phone app works completely different to the Android and iOS apps. So yes, it needs an update. That update will probably not show up until maybe February.

eeewing

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Not to be Debbie Downer, but I wouldn't hold your breath -- the app has not changed in any substantial manner since it initially launched for WP7 more than two years ago (with less features than the app they released for Windows Mobile 6.x in 2010). I hope I'm wrong -- I love Spotify! -- but they seem to be completely ignoring the platform.

Andy Fletcher2

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I seem to be the only person will a fully working Spotify app. I have a Nokia Lumia 800 7.8 and when i saw the article stating that Spotify no longer needed a premium account I downloaded the app to check it out. I haven't got a Spotify account so i logged in with my Facebook account and i now have a fully functional app.
It is totally free, unlimited skips, full album and artist searching, playlist and i can play my FB friends playlists too.

xcharles718

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi. I seem to be the only person will a fully working Spotify app. I have a Nokia Lumia 800 7.8 and when i saw the article stating that Spotify no longer needed a premium account I downloaded the app to check it out. I haven't got a Spotify account so i logged in with my Facebook account and i now have a fully functional app.
It is totally free, unlimited skips, full album and artist searching, playlist and i can play my FB friends playlists too.

I actually believe that the only reason why this might actually be working on 7.8 devices is due to Spotify's own incompetence in never updating the app for 7.8; to possibly to a newer set of API's(ones that are used in iOS/Android versions of the popular music app, and possibly the WP8 version).

These newer API most likely are necessary for the ads to work/display.

kukuxumusu

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I am having the problem with the spotify now. Well this is my first time to try this app because JUST ONLY TODAY THE SPOTIFY APP LAUNCHED on my country (Philippines). I know it sxcks but better than late than never. Now I am facing some issues and cant even log in because I AM REQUIRED TO PAY FOR THE PREMIUM before I try this app. WOW? Seriously? I want to try the app first before I pay for subscriptions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte