Any app available that can automatically sync my phone contacts with my facebook contacts?

taimur_3

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Is there any app available that may automatically sync my phone contacts with the friends added with me in my facebook? I need it for my Nokia Lumia 820

taimur_3

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
If you log in to your FB account on your phone they should be added automatically :smile:

Oh yes, they are automatically added to my phone but aren't synced with the phone contacts that i have fed. And linking every single facebook contact with my phone contacts takes a lot of time. Is there any app that could save up my this time by linking all the contacts automatically?

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
If you FB friends and their same account stored on your phone have the same name, they link automatically. The only issues I have might be someone named Mike Jones not linking with Michael Jones even though its the same guy.

peepsite

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Go to settings- email-accounts , press and hold Facebook , you'll see a dropdown list of options, touch the one that says sync.

taimur_3

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
If you FB friends and their same account stored on your phone have the same name, they link automatically. The only issues I have might be someone named Mike Jones not linking with Michael Jones even though its the same guy.

There should be some app which could give suggestions if the phone on its own finds some match with the phone contacts. I wish this was possible.

geoghotas

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Go to the account setting & select account which you want to sync and there is a option go to the hotmail ms account and there is a item selection chose the any time and go to the contact list and settings filter acounts choose accounts which you wants to sync once you have setup compeleted next time you dont have to setup again when the item recieve or any contact request it ill any time sync with your ms account if data/ wifi available.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
There should be some app which could give suggestions if the phone on its own finds some match with the phone contacts. I wish this was possible.

What would be the point of it? If you think the phones system isn't robust enough, THAT would be the solution (get a better system built into the phone). I guess I am saying the feature is there, it just isn't fixing everything you need it to fix?

What are some examples of issues you are having? I do think they have improved the linking system over the last 4 years. I actually went through my contacts because of this thread and noticed a link that needed to be made to a friend I just added on LinkedIn. It caught the connection because of a pattern in the email addresses between the two profiles. I just click on the chain and it pulls up in "suggested connections".

I guess THERE is your idea you should post to the Microsoft Uservoice site. You want a screen that shows all suggested connections that the phone has found [currently to find them you have to click into each person's profile.]

In the mean time I would suggest when you are going through your contact list and cleaning it up when you first get your phone, change your contacts names so they auto sync next time. If you have a contact "Mike Jones" in 4 of your address books, don't call him Michael in 2 and Mike in the other 2...change all to Mike and it will sync perfectly next time (the phone might find these already though, but it didn't a couple years back).

I had a couple of friends where I had a name spelled incorrectly (a last name like Anderson vs. Andersen.) I fixed them once 3 years ago and every time I upgrade they link perfectly now.

taimur_3

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
What would be the point of it? If you think the phones system isn't robust enough, THAT would be the solution (get a better system built into the phone). I guess I am saying the feature is there, it just isn't fixing everything you need it to fix?

What are some examples of issues you are having? I do think they have improved the linking system over the last 4 years. I actually went through my contacts because of this thread and noticed a link that needed to be made to a friend I just added on LinkedIn. It caught the connection because of a pattern in the email addresses between the two profiles. I just click on the chain and it pulls up in "suggested connections".

I guess THERE is your idea you should post to the Microsoft Uservoice site. You want a screen that shows all suggested connections that the phone has found [currently to find them you have to click into each person's profile.]

In the mean time I would suggest when you are going through your contact list and cleaning it up when you first get your phone, change your contacts names so they auto sync next time. If you have a contact "Mike Jones" in 4 of your address books, don't call him Michael in 2 and Mike in the other 2...change all to Mike and it will sync perfectly next time (the phone might find these already though, but it didn't a couple years back).

I had a couple of friends where I had a name spelled incorrectly (a last name like Anderson vs. Andersen.) I fixed them once 3 years ago and every time I upgrade they link perfectly now.

Okay. Thank you

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs