Any news on a Google Voice app?

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I know, screw google. The reality for me is though that I rely on google voice for the time being and really need an app. Been using MetroTalk for awhile now and love it. But as we all know come April 1, all 3rd party apps go bye-bye.

So, anyone heard any news/rumors about a possible screwgle developed app?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Google isn't going to make one. I'd bet on it. I don't know what the chances are of you switching to another service, but I wouldn't bank on Google Talk for Windows Phone. Sorry.

khatta

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Nothing stopping MS from extending Skype functionality similar to Google Voice. I think it will happen with Windows Phone 8.1 or 9, since this kind of functionality is likely to be heavily consumerized by then, resulting in a standard commodity service.

Google a'int going to offer any of their services on WP. By doing so, they certify the existence of Windows Phone as a mobile platform among other. While Google is busy building their empire, WP isn't a strategic direction for them.

I generally like this rivalry. We have possibly seen some of the best third party apps on WP that none imagined would happen. Well, creativity has no boundaries and WP is likely feeding some of this creativity in the dev community by being the underdog in this mobile platform race.

Good times, and enjoy the ride :)

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't blame him. He's probably been swamped with email because of a decision that Google has made over which he has no control.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes