Xbox video for windows phone storage questions and Itunes video questions

themadpoet1

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
So I've been enjoying xbox video for the windows phone, but I haven't been able to figure out a few things. I downloaded the entire The Hobbit(extended) movie to my phone, but I don't see a tremendous amount of storage being taken up for that movie. Typically when I'd buy a movie on Itunes such as Braveheart it would take up 5 GB or so. The only thing I can see is that my xbox video app under storage check is taking up 2.3gb. Are downloaded purchases being stored within the app? And if so, why are they taking up so little space?

Also, how do I get my movie purchase back onto my pc with the windows phone app? I don't see the movie anywhere on my phone.

And is it possible to put itunes movies/tv shows on your phone now?

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
If you use the cloud and Xbox video on your PC too, the purchase will save. And about the iTunes movies, if it is protected by them, no. I wish, as I have some iTunes movies. Sorry. :'(

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Downloaded movies are saved to the app.

The movie takes up very little space, because as of right now, Windows Phone only supports download and playback of SD content, even if you purchase the HD version. You will have the HD version available via the Xbox Video Windows 8 app, the Xbox One, and, I believe, the Xbox 360. Unfortunately, at this time, Windows Phone and the Xbox Video website only allow for playback (and download, if applicable) of SD content.

Currently, you can not directly transfer your purchases from your phone to your PC and vice versa. You can, however, re-download them on your different authorized devices, as long as you are logged in with the MS Account that was used to make the purchase.

As of now, I believe all TV and Movie content purchased on iTunes is DRM protected and can only be played back using iTunes on your computer or on an Apple device (iPod, iPad, iPhone), as long as the computer or device is authorized to do so by the purchasing Apple account.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte