Unofficial Cryptocat port coming to Windows Phone 8 (maybe 7?)

jeff.r.gnome

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Just wanted to announce that Cryptocat4win is in the app certification process. Take a look at the code, contribute if you can, and use this app to communicate with others using Cryptocat from their Desktop browsers, or eventually iPhone and Android.

https://github.com/jeffrgnome/cryptocat4win

Would love some feedback on what you want from this app. I'd like to get a group of developers porting it to a native WP app so that it could get push notifications, a cleaner UI, and sound.

Thanks,
Jeff

Sergio The One

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
This is awesome! There's a lot of talk around this thing and although I lack the skills to help you personally, I encourage you to keep this alive and as you hinted, maybe even bring this to WP7 to ensure everyone gets it because I think this could be huge in light of everything around security that's going on lately.
Much luck!

jeff.r.gnome

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Sergio! It is of critical importance to me personally, so I hope to incrementally improve it with free time in the future. I hope it helps you and others out. Nadim on the Cryptocat team seems warm to the idea of making it an official app at some point, provided we follow any direction/guidance by that original project.

Regards,
Jeff

TCalhau

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
I really am very happy to know that a version of CryptoCat is being developed for Windows Phone. Currently I can't talk to my girlfriend by CryptoCat because it uses the Windows Phone. Unfortunately I don't have technical knowledge to help develop but I'm happy to divulge the idea! I hope the project grow and be increasingly used. Congratulations for the project!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos