viber Isn't working

albadi88

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
ok since i Update My L1020 to GDR 3 (dev preview but now i have Black update too) and viber isn't working probably like not telling me someone is call but it well notify me someone called
and now i deleted viber and tried to install it again but i can't activate it so i thought am i the only having this problem

Nenad Horvat

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Delete it, than wait for 24 hours, then install and try to activate. Probably it will activate successfully.

But still push notifications will not work with GDR3 :(

Viber team, please fix push notifications.

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Viber notifications stopped working for me weeks ago, reinstalling didn't help either.

Compared to the Whatsapp guys the Viber team are seriously slow to address issues.

albadi88

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm comparing two similar (and thus competing) Apps, on the same platform. Whether they see us as 'third class users' or not has nothing to do with the comparison.

i know bro what u meant but the reason why this two apps sucks still remain (WP user) are Third-class users mainly duo to small market share (in US Only if u came to facts)

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
i know bro what u meant but the reason why this two apps sucks still remain (WP user) are Third-class users mainly duo to small market share (in US Only if u came to facts)

And my point was that by comparison, Viber is slow to respond and update compared to Whatsapp. Whether Whatsapp is poor itself is another matter, at least they update often.

I get the market share thing, every WP owner knows that.

AnthonyWhoso

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Was able to talk to someone from Viber on twitter over direct message and there is a pretty significant update "in the coming weeks" as the guy said. I tried to get as much information as I could and apparently this update will fix issues with seeing who's online, push notifications, more stickers, just better overall function.

albadi88

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Was able to talk to someone from Viber on twitter over direct message and there is a pretty significant update "in the coming weeks" as the guy said. I tried to get as much information as I could and apparently this update will fix issues with seeing who's online, push notifications, more stickers, just better overall function.

so they told me too as I mention it above in my 2nd or 3rd comment

r0mmE7

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
I had push notification issues for my Lumia 920 for quite a few months now and I was able to find a way around this problem.
Here is what I did:
1. In Settings / Background tasks, I only allowed two applications to run in the background.
2. I uninstalled Viber from my phone.
3. In Settings / Storage check, I cleared the temporary files.
4. In Settings / Ringtones+Sounds, I unticked/unchecked the "all other notifications" (I saw that Viber will use its own notification sounds for push notifications).
4. I performed a soft reboot (holding down the volume down + power button).
5. After the reboot, I again cleared the temporary files in Settings / Storage Check.
6. I re-installed viber.

I am not really sure how it worked :)
I hope this info helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion