Almost like VSCO cam (IMO)

alphaios

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

the other day a (the?) Fhotoroom developer said, that it is basically possible to reproduce all VSCO filters on Fhotoroom.

So I've played around with it for a bit today and found out that it does in fact come quite close to the real thing (IMO).

After choosing a picture, this is what I did:

1. Go to editing and chose exposure, here you need to set the black point bar to about 50-90 (this varies a lot depending on the picture, bright pictures should choose high blackpoint ratio)
Don't be worried, if you're picture looks really dark now (it is supposed to be fairly dark) and totally unlike VSCO at this point :)

2. Save and go under editing to the fade option. Here 40-50 usually works quite well for me (now you'll already be able to see the effect :)

3. as a last step choose classic vogue and tweak the red, green and blue a bit (I'd say somewhere between - 20 and + 20)

And that's it!

Tell me if this worked for you (or if this is way off) or whether you have found even better alternatives!

Cheers! :)

rain620

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks!!! It really does work!!! But i still wanna VSCO Cam!!!:cry:

I just tweeted VSCO Cam yesterday and they replied that they don't have plans yet of making an app for WP :unhappy:

But hey! This trick does it! Thanks OP! :angel::angel::angel:

BhediyaX

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
For black and white VSCO-like images on fhotoroom

1. Boost brightness by 25-30 points(lesser if the image is already quite bright)
2. Apply the Silver filter fully
3. Apply the Esquire filter fully
4. Apply the Low Def Filter fully

I've been using this method quite a bit fairly recently. You can look at a few examples on my Instagram

This might not work for images which already have a lot of blacks. You might try reducing the blackpoint in such images, as the Esquire filter REALLY deepens the blacks.

cheers
Prateek

JMBasquiat

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Trouble is, VSCO is a lot more than a filter or two. I've bought the entire expansion pack when it was on sale, and have more than 5 different filters on my iPad.

Fhotoroom

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
hey everyone, just came across this post and saw the steps you use to produce film style effects. I would like for everyone to know that I am presently working on v11 of fhotoroom that will bring all of the stuff you wanted here. So let me give insight into some obstacles I had that I am addressing in this update and please feel give feedback you know I listen.

fhotoroom already had a very large collection of filters that are very popular in the community (remove one and I get A LOT of emails and not nice) but to add a good selection of film style effects I needed to change the whole editing filters selection layout. To do this I have now grouped filters into similar concepts as VSCO has. In addition to this I have added a Store where you will be able to add and remove the filters you want making the UI cleaner and more personal to your photography editing style. So it has never been a lack of ability for fhotoroom to create anything in VSCO cam (film style filters) which we have a small subset of already.

Here are some filters in fhotoroom today that produce film style results with VSCO comparative filters.

- Vibe - C1
- Musk - M3
- LowDef - B1
- Portrait - P5
- Fade - Fade
- Faint - F2

The way the app will be grouped is by these new categories

- L{number} - Lomo Style Filters
- F{number} - Film Style Filters
- C{number} - Color Style Filters
- B{number} - Black and White Filters
- D{number} - Duotone Style Filters
- A{number} - Aura Style Filters

So this is just a small insight of how big the changes in v11 will be, and there are a lot more in the editing and frames category ;)
Please let me know your favorite VSCO filters and I will do my best to make sure I bring them over for the initial release.

Last edited:

Fhotoroom

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Fhotoroom v11 has just gotten approved yesterday. Here is the short list of updates in v11, i hope you like it :)

- Major UX/UI Changes
- +40 New Icons throughout the app.
- Live Preview of filters in presets.
- Filters are now grouped into categories.
- New fhotoroom store with new free/paid filters.
- Light Leaks supports flip horizontally or vertically.
- Textures supports flip horizontally or vertically.
- Updated Color Corrections, replaced Clarity with Tint fine tuned balance.
- Updated Sharpen for Blur and Clarity Sharpening.
- New Highlights and Shadows Filter.
- New HQ Grundge Frames.
- Updated TiltShift filter for better quality results.
- Camera Tap to Focus in landscape fixed.
- New Undo/Redo support.
- New Splash screen.
- Dozens of minor bug fixes and tweaks.

Rickosw

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi fhotoroom

thank u for this update, love it!

please correct me if i miss out any filter,
i am seeing L1-L5
F1-F4
D1
C1-C3
B1,B5,B6,B9

where is A ?

Fhotoroom

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
A is in the store which is an optional free install. Thank you, it was a results of a lot of helpful feedback. Today WP7 users get access to a lot of this stuff now as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte