Driving Directions List on Live Tile

Koko GIno

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Anyone know of an app that has a live tile with a list of driving directions that were either generated within that app or another one? Does that make sense? I would like to be able to see the next few driving directions on my start screen and those directions could be generated from that app or another one. I haven't seen anything like this and am wondering if it's available or not. Thanks for any input!

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen anything like this, and doubt that you will. One of the reasons is that a Scheduled Agent, which is used by most apps to update live tiles, can only run once every 30 +/- 10 minutes. Now, I believe this could be done by the Location Tracking background agent (I could be wrong, too), but typically the apps that are tracking the location in the background are going to be the mapping apps that expect you to be on the map screen, but continue running in the background to give you audio warnings of upcoming turns and such. These apps don't typically update tiles, and I haven't seen or heard of one that has a turn list on the tile.

Koko GIno

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I understand what you are saying, but I was hoping there was one I had missed somewhere. :)

I would love one even if it wasn't a live tile, just one that had a my list of directions but maybe I'll have to come up with something else. Thanks again!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb