Spotify, now you're really annoying me

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I use Spotify free (ad supported) on my PC, and get the notification the other day that it's now "free on mobile and tablet!", with shuffle on mobile and full functionality on tablet. Of course, the app links are only to iOS and Android. Meanwhile, the WP8 app is awful and useless (you need premium) and even if you DO have premium it stinks and lacks functionality. Will MS continue to pretend that the "app gap is shrinking", even when almost all we get is second rate official apps that never see updates?

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Or, you could just switch to better services that better support your platform of choice. I much prefer XBox Music over spotify.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
MS says they have the apps, they didn't say they were perfect or great. Take the Instagram app, still in Beta, it's been that way for weeks. Also, it's not up to MS to fix the apps, they only supply the OS and developer tools. It's the devs that need to up their game.

Apparently there's an update in the works though. I'm guessing it's coming with WP8.1 but I don't know that for certain. I'm thinking a lot of apps will be updated with WP8.1 I think that's what part of the issue is. Most devs are waiting for that update to do their update.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Or, you could just switch to better services that better support your platform of choice. I much prefer XBox Music over spotify.

The Xbox interface on W8 is horrible. If they can fix that I think a lot more people would be interested.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

I subscribe to Xbox Music since it's better on my Lumia 521. But I use Spotify on the desktop since their client there, and now on the web, is better with FB integration, playing local files and just generally more pleasant to use. I would switch right away to Spotify on my phone too if their app didn't suck.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
It might be true that 8.1 is what's holding back some of the big names. Either way, it's frustrating to see iOS and Android buttons everywhere... Especially for "free" stuff like this.

Allan Cantillo M

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I just want spotify to pay attention that we are not as little or unimportant as others want. We need to push them to accelerate the missing features of the app, and also the support for the free account.

5150 Joker

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
This is true, a lot of the apps on wp8 are watered down versions of what is found on IOS and Android. It's probably why I'll end up going with the Apple phablet when its released.

Sent from my Yellow Nokia 1520 (RM-937)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs