Beats Yo! Help and Tips

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I've been noticing through some of the store reviews that people are having trouble with certain aspects of using this app; I did try and cover as much as I could in the tutorial but thought I'd open this thread so if anyone has questions/problems I can hopefully answer them.

I will start by quoting this one review from the store in the hopes This guy is a regular here; sucks you cant reply to comments on the store because I know this guys problem!

Bordon:

Could be fun, but it didn't run well on my L920. On the third layer of beats, I can't hear the full sample, so it also plays back as a clipped sound. So, maybe some bugs to work out. A physical graph to show where I'm at in the loop would help me figure out where to lay the beats before it loops.

This one is easy; it's because the sample pads are set to the same group. It doesnt matter what track you are on, if you play back any samples from that group they will not play over eachother; this explains the sound being cut short (it's being stopped by another sound in that group you have triggered). If you dont want this to happen, tap the pad in question, then tap the word "Pad" in the top right corner of the app.

d29261ca-b739-4ecb-a3fc-24378344a895.png

You can then set the group to either a different group, or "none".

871112c4-1994-483a-845c-26be908df49b.png

Dont forget about these group options; if you buy any of the Bass sound packs to use in your custom kits, you are probably going to want to put them all in the same group in your project to avoid two tones playing over each other and sounding horrible. :unhappysweat:

The pad colors will help let you know which pads are grouped. the lightest gray color just shows the pad you have selected (you can only see this in pad view), the second lightest gray means no group, and the two darker grays are groups 1, and 2. If that makes sense :smile: Pad groups are saved with your project.

Any other questions or help, just post it in here!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar