Printing from Phone

meisterheister

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
There is at least the possibility to print from your mobile device to a printer attached to your PC with ThinPrint Cloud Printer. You just have to install ThinPrint Cloud Printer Connector on your PC/ MAC and define the printer where all print jobs should go to. To print documents from your phone you have to open the ThinPrint Cloud Printer app, connect with your cloud printer account and print your document to the cloud. The print job will then be sent over to your PC and to your printer.
The Cloud Printer app is currently available for Android, iOS and Windows 8/RT. It should not be too hard to release an app also for Windows Phone.

I think if there are people who really are interested in an app for Windows Phone and show that to them, they could consider to build one, what do you think?

ThinPrint Cloud Printer - Home

trinkner

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
On Symbian, HP had a great ePrint app. I wish they would port it to WP.

One limitation with ePrint via email is that you can't have the printer "print to fit" a PDF document. Documents just print at their native size, whereas when printing from a desktop you can enlarge the printing with "print to fit." It would be fantastic if HP were to add this functionality to a WP app.

trinkner

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
It would be super if we could install printer drivers for network-enabled printers to our phones, just as we do for desktop/laptop computers. And it would be even better if printer manufacturers adhered to an industry-standard driver so phone manufacturers could pre-install that basic driver on phones. I suppose something like this will happen eventually as consumers increasingly move toward smaller, mobile devices and give up laptops. We already have half-way measures like HP eprint email addresses and Google Drive-connected printers. But for non-geeks, it can be pretty hard to configure. Imagine if apps on phones had a "Print" option that was easily found by the user. Clicking on it would just print to your printer, or, if not already configured, take you to a screen where the phone would search the local wi-fi network for a viable printer and let the user click it. This would be a huge step forward for mobile computing.

I personally already have my phone set up for HP eprint, but then I'm comfortable with saving a file and then emailing it to my printer address. It's not hard to me, but for non-geek users who have just learned to install apps on their phones, setting up ePrint or Google Driver printers is a challenge.

This is a space where Microsoft could really leverage their enterprise history. Just as Windows desktop can search the MS library for appropriate drivers, their phones should do the same. It would be a big selling point for WP if users knew they could easily set up printing from their phone.

trinkner

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
This is one reason I haven't bought a WP yet. I'm torn between the elegance of the OS and Nokia camera technology on the one hand, and the app availability and customization available on Android. And yes, HP does have an ePrint app for Android right now. We'll see what the new camera flagships offer over the next few months. Maybe Sony will finally rival Nokia with a xenon-equipped camera.

Darenhoff

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Blaming others is very easy!
Why ms phones, with so costly OS, does not have atleast a document printer like xps writer? I cud save my pages and transfer them to print? Why blame printer manufacturer only! Atleast support to install virtual printers like doPDF or novaPDF would help a lot!
WHERE IS printer support from the OS itself?

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I bought a Windows Smart phone to ease my IT related work after replacing an android smart phone. I back to square one. I still have to depend my laptop or desktop pc for all my work when printing is required. Smart phones are not ideal for when need something to print whether it is Android, Windows Phone, Symbian or whatever OS it has. We should blame the Microsoft, Android, & Mac for this facility not been there on smart phone. I strongly believe Printer Manufacturers are not responsible for this scenario.

Chris Schlegel

May 1, 2015
Visit site
More and more Ian closer to destroying my windows phone and jumping back on the android bus. I mean really, you can't print from your phone. Or wait a minute if I install a few apps and go through several hundred thumbstrokes then yes you get to print a pic. WTF. Really I just can't go to an office doc and print to my all in one printer? Yup any day now I can see tho POS windows phone becoming extremely aerodynamic and me having to test its flight capabilities. Ridiculous....

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
More and more Ian closer to destroying my windows phone and jumping back on the android bus. I mean really, you can't print from your phone. Or wait a minute if I install a few apps and go through several hundred thumbstrokes then yes you get to print a pic. WTF. Really I just can't go to an office doc and print to my all in one printer? Yup any day now I can see tho POS windows phone becoming extremely aerodynamic and me having to test its flight capabilities. Ridiculous....

Lol. WP can print wirelessly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa