Any recipe apps that sync between Windows Phone 8 and Windows RT / Pro 8.1?

Awkanu

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
So the title said everything... I'm looking for an app that will allow me to manually enter my recipes and sync them with my Windows phone 8 and surface RT 8.1. I had a beautifull app on my old iPhone/ipad (Paprika), but now i can't find any similar app on the Windows side. And i don't want to have 10 000+ recipes from the web, only my recipes! ;)

If you can help... ;)

Thanks!

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I am little confused if you need to add recipe , just use one note , it's preinstalled on both windows phone and windows 8. It syncs without any issues but the conditions is both the pc and phone should share same Microsoft id.
And if you are talking about a recipe app , try bing Food and drink , available on both the platform and syncs your shopping list , favs too.

Awkanu

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I use One Note for ... Notes... ;) But i want an apps for my cooking recipe for the Template, photo, shopping list, etc...

Awkanu

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
There is nothing about adding my own recipes in the apps if i read the description of the apps. Do you use it? Can i really add my own recipes?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
There is nothing about adding my own recipes in the apps if i read the description of the apps. Do you use it? Can i really add my own recipes?

I just used the app , you can browse many recipes , filter them , you have shopping list but no you don't have option to add your own recipe , if you want to add your own try one note or there might be an app I am unaware of it :)

wapoz

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Bing Food and Drink app works great for storing and discovering recipes, but synching between Windows 8.1 and WP 8 seems to still be broken. For now I can only synch between my Win 8.1 notebook and my Win RT tablet. The shopping lists seem to synch ok among all the devices.

Awkanu

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Ok, like i said on the first post, my goal is to have my recipe and not the 10 000+ that are on thw web... So bing will not be my solution.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
What I will do is create a new notebook in one note and will name it MY RECIPE. And same for shopping list.

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums

jonathanrn

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
If you watch the Project Sienna tutorials, I made my own W8.1 app with almost no coding experience in maybe an hour. I just populate an excel spreadsheet and they show up instantly in my app. Very cool. I even include pictures. Super simple! I know its probably not what you're looking for, but its an option. Porting it to WP8 takes minutes. Its a fun, quick project.

rory753

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey, I agree with this. I actually have been using one note for my recipes, since I can use the WP to take a picture of the recipe from wherever, grab the text from the picture, and then add it to my notebook with variations. the problem comes down to the shopping list, and collaborating with others on a recipe. I wish that it could make a shopping list, and also, be able to menu plan as well. Yeah, someone needs to make this for WP/W8

Awkanu

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
If you watch the Project Sienna tutorials, I made my own W8.1 app with almost no coding experience in maybe an hour. I just populate an excel spreadsheet and they show up instantly in my app. Very cool. I even include pictures. Super simple! I know its probably not what you're looking for, but its an option. Porting it to WP8 takes minutes. Its a fun, quick project.

Since i'm looking from some time now, i think that if i don't have any other suggestions this will be my best option! I don't know how far we can go with that option, but i think that i'll give it a try! I will have the apps the exact way i want. Thanks for the info!

Josef Rokos

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Bing Food and Drink app works great for storing and discovering recipes, but synching between Windows 8.1 and WP 8 seems to still be broken. For now I can only synch between my Win 8.1 notebook and my Win RT tablet. The shopping lists seem to synch ok among all the devices.

For me Bing Food works fine both on 8.1 and WP8 without any synchronization issues

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

wapoz

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Ok, like i said on the first post, my goal is to have my recipe and not the 10 000+ that are on thw web... So bing will not be my solution.

You can store your own recipes in bing food and drink. Ive added a dozen of my own to it.

10curtains

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Thankyou to the op and thankyou to wapoz.
I tried to add a recipe a few days ago and could not find out how to do it. So I assumed it couldn't be done. I forgot I was trying to do it on the phone. After reading your posts I remembered that the OneNote app on windows 8.1 can do a lot more than the phone app, so therefore I tried on windows 8.1 PC with the bing food and drink app. Thanks again I don't need to download any more apps my recipe was added on the desktop and synced to my wp.
Isn't technology wonderful.

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps OneNote will work.

Enter the recipe and put tags next to the ingredients. I set up a new tag called Shopping List with a checkbox. Put this next to each ingredient and check it. Then, when making a list clear the check from the box and when ready, click "Find Tags" on the ribbon. A box will pop up on the right. Select "Show only unchecked items" and all the items you want to shop for should be listed. You can then click the "Create summary page" button at the bottom which will insert a new page with your items. Each item will have an unchecked box that you can check off at you pick up each item.

The only draw back I see is that this has to be done on a computer as OneNote on the phone isn't capable of inserting tags.

wapoz

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Bing food and drink is still the better option for this. It allows you to create custom categories for the recipes you create or save from the app, handles all the formatting, lets you upload your own pictures for your food, and puts it together in one neat and tidy package. You can also use "hands free mode" which allows you to turn the page without touching the screen/mouse if your tablet or pc has a webcam- extremely useful for me since I use my tablet to read the recipe while cooking.

You can also easily build a shopping list that you can check items off of using a recipe(s) within the app with a few clicks that syncs to the phone or that can be sent via email. You can also create a shopping list without using a recipe. It requires far less effort than using OneNote for the same purpose.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Well I've tried this on MSN Food & Drink. I can create my own recipes on the Surface 2, but I won't see that collection on the 1020 or msn.com. It syncs collections made of recipes coming from the catalog, but the recipes I've created don't seem to sync.

Bing-ing this issue shows it's a known problem: the sync is not implemented and Microsoft "are studying it".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss