Calendar that looks more like outlook's.

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I tried searching with no luck, but is there a calendar out there that has blocked out time like in outlook? and a week view with this? I've double booked a couple times because of the views in the default calendar and the old version of chronos. Just looking for anyone's thoughts or if there are calendars out there that have a better view to see what you actually have going on. Thanks again!

Janda45

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
For .99 I trialed and bought VsysCalendar 365. I default my main view to the weekly view and I love it. It still isn't Outlook and nothing likely will be but it is WAY better than the native Calendar app for WP8. There are a couple of others out there that appear fairly nice but I've only tried this one for now.

mobilejk

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
FYI Chronos was just updated today for WP 7.x and 8 and lots of changes. It's all detailed in an article on the main page of today's WPCentral.

savagelizards

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I tried searching with no luck, but is there a calendar out there that has blocked out time like in outlook? and a week view with this? I've double booked a couple times because of the views in the default calendar and the old version of chronos. Just looking for anyone's thoughts or if there are calendars out there that have a better view to see what you actually have going on. Thanks again!

After coming to WP last week I have been seeking the same solution. I think I have solved it for me with True Calendar 8 and a software program for my desktop outlook client called companionlink. Companionlink syncs my desktop outlook with my outlook.com calendar, contacts and tasks, so an appointment I accept in outlook from my work email shows up in my phone calendar. True Calendar 8 gives me a week view and allows me to display my appointments as blocks of time on that view. I tried several 3rd party WP calendar apps before I settled on True Calendar 8. It was the right choice for me and may be for you too.

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
For an outlook "feel"...logically that would be OFFICE365 CALENDAR for sure.

But although depicted as "free", it has an in-app purchase if you want to sync with outlook (ironically enough).
So it actually isn't free.

Other good alternatives :

Cal (free for limited time !!)
Super Calendar (I bought it. Simply the best one with best support ever. It was only 2.99 when I bought it though...has two different UI to choose from)
Simple Calendar (free)

Iconical Plus (lets you sync "tasks" in outlook !!)
Chronos (awefull UI, but lots of functionality !)

So do your outlook tasks sync with true calendar 8, I've been looking for that.

Only Iconical Plus does that (as far as I know and I've tried them all).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa