Streaming music to my phone from home PC?

JArcane

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I am the proud owner of a new Lumia 1320 in bright neon orange. It is an absolutely fabulous device and the best phone I've had since my departed Evo V. It's a rock solid slab of awesome, though it is sadly a bit short on the internal storage, and I haven't had a chance to get an SD card in it yet.

The limited space means limited room for my music. I've only got a few albums on there and some apps and games, and already I'm at less than 1GB left. I used to get around this on my Evo by just running Google Music at home and using Play Music on the phone, but while there are GMusic apps on WinPhone, the actual Music Manager software has given me no end to hell. There's the Xbox music cloud service, but that requires Windows 8, which I don't have.

So I thought instead I'd try a streaming solution, but all the ones I knew of are dead: Orb, AudioGalaxy, etc. Subsonic is the only one I've found and they make you pay for it if you want to be able to talk to mobile apps.

Anyone know a free option for getting music to my shiny orange phone without using up the local storage?

JArcane

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Looks like the app is €5 for me here in Finland, but the service is free. Since Subsonic is $1 a month + the cost of the app, and Style Jukebox is $3 a month, that would seem to make it the cheapest option of the paid route.

dergutehirte

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I believe there is a limitation within windows phone so you cant stream the music from you phone to any device. I already set up a whole dlna configuration using it with "av remote" i could stream from my local libary to my phone but not to any dlna device. Also with Nokias Play to im unable to stream. And the developer of AV Remote said to me its, because of a limit from wp, not yet possible :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos