Podcast Critter got a fresh coat of paint

JulietPurcell

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm having same problem to @johnieutah. Also running WP 8.1, Podcast Critter app constantly freezes then crashes & won't download podcasts. I'm have also been using Podcast Lounge which is ok but I'm on lookout for something better. Any suggestions/recommendations anyone?

johnieutah

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Podcast2Go is half decent and is free. I'm really hoping Yimdev sorts out Podcast Critter though to be honest as it has some great features - when it works that is.

Vitte

May 13, 2014
Visit site
atJulietPurcell and atjohnieutah, Podcast Critter is my favorite, hopefully the issues will get sorted out... not sure what causes theme, since it seemed like the app was working flawlessly weeks/months ago.

atjohnieutah, you could try out Podcast Lounge, although it is a little hard to manage.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows the answer... I
If a podcast show is "3 hours long" and they divide their rss feed into three separate 1 hour segments called "hour 1", "hour 2", and "hour 3", why would this (Podcast Critter) app only pickup hour 1 and ignore/error hour 2 and 3? The strange thing is, after uninstalling and re-installing/importing opml file, it only has this issue with one rss feed/show while a separate show updates without any hickups. My other podcast app is having no problems with update, so I'm just wondering if anyone knows what gives?

Vitte

May 13, 2014
Visit site
I switched over to Android, and I no longer have any podcast feed issues. It is so much nicer to simply listen to my programs on my morning drive to work, and not get frustrated with app issues; although I do miss Podcast Critter's interface.

I really hope Microsoft and/or the developers get their act together, but for the mid future I'm learning about the Android environment (first time user).
Also, Google Chrome's tabs stomps IE, but I already knew that.

johnieutah

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I looked at Podcast Lounge but from what I could see it doesn't support per subscription settings for auto-download, deletion etc... Podcast Critter is just more flexible IMO.

Anyways, I actually got a reply from the dev of Podcast Critter and apparently an update is due very shortly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99