do you think app support will improve?

Kimi Alin

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Well it's certainly improving all the time >_> During my 920 journey since April 2013 I have seen brilliant unofficial instagram clien 6tag, official instagram, 6sec and vine, even snapchat via 6snap. Not mentioning these amazing photographty apps and brilliant Nokia apps. We don't have "official" youtube client but we have great mytube (and metrotube if you are more to that app) which is better than official apps on competing platforms. Of course I see app support will get better in the future as well! :D

bsbharath1987

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It may not change much in the US. But in Asia, parts of Europe and Africa, where WP is the second best selling platform, it makes a lot of sense for developers to target WP. For example, in India we can see a lot of developers targetting WP over the past year. To me, a mobile platform's success depends as much on the local content as the availability of big ticket apps. Microsoft has taken a good decision of waiving the licence fee for manufacturers. They should do the same for developers too, so that they can target more devs from emerging markets.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Ya but still even in India Android rules I heard India is an android nation with 80% market share.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I think the app situation will continue to improve. Windows Phone's market share is improving, and is high enough in certain markets to justify Windows Phone apps. The SDK introduced in Build makes it easier than ever to build an app that is compatible with Windows and Windows Phone with little effort.

T1Cybernetic

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
The apps are no longer a factor for me. They will come in either form original or third party.

What does Window Phone offer different from other OSes?

For me the deal sealer was the one ideology. I just love the idea that I will soon be able to sync all my data across all my devices.

You should stick around the show has not belong yet.

Apps will come in time ;) The deciding factor above all the rest for me was having my account's in one place, Nokia devices have always been great for me too so having multiple account's available on one device that is also reliable is just perfect!

T1Cybernetic

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Sorry I think I worded things a little wrong ;) I simply mean that having all my account's /data sync across multiple devices :D I am a PC user mostly and my 1020 fit's in perfectly with that!

associatedpress

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Ah, that makes more sense. I agree. I've switched back to Microsoft fully this year for computing and phone use. The harmony between them is nice. Got rid of iPhone 5s for Lumia icon earlier this year and sold iMac and got Sony VAIO tap 21 this year. Computer with touch screen is nice for moderate use. However I did get a PlayStation 4 instead of the Xbox 🎮 one.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Ah, that makes more sense. I agree. I've switched back to Microsoft fully this year for computing and phone use. The harmony between them is nice. Got rid of iPhone 5s for Lumia icon earlier this year and sold iMac and got Sony VAIO tap 21 this year. Computer with touch screen is nice for moderate use. However I did get a PlayStation 4 instead of the Xbox 🎮 one.

I agree, it's super nice to have a similar interface across all devices. I absolutely love being able to game and earn Xbox points. I'd like to get one of those touch screen laptops soon, but no real need at the moment.

The WPCentral app supports emoji? Since when?

And as for the thread title, it seems to be improving every day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster