List of windows phone 8.1 WinRT apps

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I want to make a thread that lists all apps written windows phone 8.1.

These apps are all WinRT apps meaning with you back out of the app, it does not get closed out of the multitasking. They also resume instantly and seem not to close in the background. This is how all windows phone apps should be like.

Facebook Facebook | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
TimeMe Tile TimeMe Tile | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
Analog clock Analog Clock Tile | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
Facebook beta Facebook Beta | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
Files Files | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
8 zip 8 Zip Lite | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
CBS News CBS News | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
CCPlayer CCPlayer | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
Chatogram 8.1 Test Chatogram 8.1 Test | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
Coach's Eye Coach's Eye | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
Cyber Dust Cyber Dust | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
Flipboard Flipboard | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
Folders Folders Free, Advanced File Manager | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
Hacky News Hacky News | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
Metro Video Player Metro Video Player | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
Modern Music ModernMusic | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
OneMusic OneMusic | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
QuickPlay Pro QuickPlay Pro | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
Reading List Windows Reading List | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
Skype Skype | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
Torrex Torrex Lite - Torrent Downloader | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
zbox zbox | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
skype Qik Skype Qik | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Last edited:

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: List of windows phone 8.1 apps

That's a nice thread, I would say. It will surely help me once I'll get Cyan update ;-)
Keep updating it guys!!

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Quick launcher
(for having shortcuts in the notification center like mobile data)

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

Facebook and Facebook beta are definitely not 8.1 apps, yes they are compatible but so are most of the others. I am sorry if I'm understanding the thread title incorrectly but for me 8.1 apps are the ones which are truly coded for 8.1, i.e. make use of the core 8.1 improvements (improved fast resume is one I know for sure, for others may be an app dev can chip in) and not just compatible

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

Facebook and Facebook beta are definitely not 8.1 apps, yes they are compatible but so are most of the others. I am sorry if I'm understanding the thread title incorrectly but for me 8.1 apps are the ones which are truly coded for 8.1, i.e. make use of the core 8.1 improvements (improved fast resume is one I know for sure, for others may be an app dev can chip in) and not just compatible

Facebook and Facebook beta take advantage of windows phone 8.1 (people hub, also add twitter beta :wink: ) they also sync with new calendar and photos hub.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

Facebook and Facebook beta take advantage of windows phone 8.1 (people hub, also add twitter beta :wink: ) they also sync with new calendar and photos hub.
Well in that case I do agree with you and Facebook would get a WP 8.1 update anyways but the way the functionality is set at the moment, I still won't consider it as a full 8.1 natively coded app. Either way.. that's just my thoughts.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

Well in that case I do agree with you and Facebook would get a WP 8.1 update anyways but the way the functionality is set at the moment, I still won't consider it as a full 8.1 natively coded app. Either way.. that's just my thoughts.

they removed Facebook from people hub , rather Microsoft opened gates for developers to use people hub for deeper integration. Facebook , twitter beta for wp8.1 is doing the same .They also sync events in calendar , photos in people hub , with each update there will be bug fixes and improvements. I wish whatsapp team use these new API.

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Well when you go back out of the facebook and facebook beta it does not close the app. This is a sign of the app beign coded for windows phone 8.1. The app also resumes very fast, and I have tested it with other windows phone 8.1 apps in the background and it resumed properly every time.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

Well when you go back out of the facebook and facebook beta it does not close the app. This is a sign of the app beign coded for windows phone 8.1. The app also resumes very fast, and I have tested it with other windows phone 8.1 apps in the background and it resumed properly every time.

Now i see it, it wasn't working for me until i read your post and decided to reinstall it, now it fast resumes for me. Thanks!

anon(5344611)

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

I just released Theme+ for Windows Phone 8.1 ? built from the ground up. It's a Start screen customization app. Here's a list of features:

- Collection of unique patterns designed to fit any Start screen.
- Curated color palette that enables bold, subtle, modern and classic combinations.
- High resolution images, which can be used for any other purpose.
- Preview a true representation of the results you'll get when applied to the Start screen.

It's free for a limited time, so get it at the Store! Please consider leaving a nice review if you enjoy it.

Theme+ QR Code.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077