Security app that can take a selfie with the front facing camera if incorrect passcode is entered

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I've seen a couple of articles on the BBC lately about Android and iPhone users who had their phones stolen. They had an app installed that took a photo using the front facing camera if the incorrect passcode was entered. The photo, along with gps data was then emailed to the owner of the phone as the information could then be used to help track and recover the device.

Does anyone know if such an app exists for Windows Phone 8 please?

I'm aware of the built-in 'Find my Phone' feature but I am looking for something that is capable of taking a photo in certain situations such as incorrect passcode entry.

I've tried an app called 'Best Phone Security' which claims to be the 'Best Alarm Security For Your Phone' but it lacks the feature and can also be closed far to easily in the task manager rendering it about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Any other suggestions would be great. Thanks :)

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the reply.

The app looks perfect but is a little buggy. It sometimes crashes after locking the phone but the few times it worked, it seemed to do the job. It successfully captured my face after entering the wrong code. However, it was still possible to close the app via the task manager so it is ultimately useless.

Shame but thanks again.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

The app looks perfect but is a little buggy. It sometimes crashes after locking the phone but the few times it worked, it seemed to do the job. It successfully captured my face after entering the wrong code. However, it was still possible to close the app via the task manager so it is ultimately useless.

Shame but thanks again.

Unless Microsoft make it or create an API for custom unlock apps you cannot do this from an app.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

Shame but thanks again.

Which one are you talking about?

Glance Spy Cam doesn't seem to do what you were looking to accomplish at all (it is just a camera that records without showing what is recording)...

And I can't really get the idea of what Spy Hunter does (and don't feel like installing it to test, haha) but their idea of having a tile that is tempting for thieves to click is a neat idea.

BUT, a comment on what you said about closing it in the app manager. If they have access to your quick app screen to close the app, that means they got the passcode correct and unlocked your phone. So an app that takes your pic if you get the passcode wrong is ALWAYS pointless if they already know the passcode, haha.

fairchilr

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
iCaughtU pro is the exact app you are looking for. However, to use it on an iphone your iphone has to be jailbroken. for whatever reason apple does not want apps that can take a picture upon wrong code and then email it somewhere automatically.

It's cheap and it works perfectly. non pro *might* not email

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss