Facebook removed notifications for Likes in Windows and Windows Phone?

thaman04

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I noticed in both the Facebook app in Windows 8.1 and the Facebook Beta app in Windows Phone 8.1, it no longer shows notifications when people like your status. I even checked the Notifications Settings menu in the Facebook apps, and there's no "Like" option anymore. Has anyone else noticed this and know why it was removed? :S

Last edited:

Im_Q

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
If you're referring to the banner notification (aka toast notifications) that pop up at the top, that has never existed for likes in the current redesigned app as far as I can remember. This may have existed back in the WP7 days with the old version of Facebook, but likes do not show up as banner notifications. The background task checks for likes and similarly less important notification counts and shows that number on the tile as a badge every half hour or so though.

thaman04

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm referring to all notifications (banner/toast, action centre, tile count, etc.).... the only places it DOES show is if you open the FB app and click the notification icon in there. But that's annoying, I remember getting toast notifications for likes even in WP8.

It's quite silly really... I get stupid toast notifications for random friend status updates I don't care about (even when I turned that off in FB)... yet I don't get notifications for likes (not even an option to like it used to)?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs