Spotify temp files / cache

ylap

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

does anyone faced the increasing and increasing "used storage" on Spotify app? It is growing every time I listen for something and it is ood to me, as no playlist, album or music are stored for offline usage, I am always listening for streams only.... How to clear it? :eck:

wp_ss_20140530_0001.png

ylap

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Any ideas? The only solution I have found is to uninstall it (and 0.5 GB of storage freed up on my phone) and to install it from store again. I think I will need to do this once a month to keep my storage clean until Spotify will offer a fix or clean button in the app... Because more I stream, more free space I will loose and it is not cleaning up automatically...

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Not sure whether its in 8.1, Update 3, or whatnot, but perhaps going into phone storage, you may be able to clear temporary files, Spotify cache included.

ylap

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
No, it is not an option. It does not clear it. Already tried it. It is the same like in my notebook, yet in the notebook I can set how many storage app can use - max 10% of free space or set my amount. WP app uses storage to, yet it's size can't be set. I will do an experiment to see if it is limited to 10% of free space. In this case it should stop growing at about 2.9 GB.

maggotbeer

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

have you done the experiment or have you found a way to clear spotify's cache?

it's a terrible app already, if there is no way to clear its cache I will probably have to uninstall it.

ylap

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
The only way to clear it's cache I know is just to uninstall it and to install it again. It is not a problem for me to do this procedure once a month or once in two months. There is no other solution to free up the space taken by this app's cache, at least today.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos