[WhatsApp] News ... Reviews & Impressions!

IElia

May 4, 2016
Visit site
I found many similar files when backed up my SD Card to my PC. Too many files (filename.m4a.waptt) in so many folders.
Are these files necessary?
How can I delete these files from my SD card?

I appreciate your assistance. Thanx

I just found one more thing. Not sure since when was it there though. I was backing up all my WA file to PC (via USB) and in WA folder found PTT folder. That one has another 3 folders (2015-41.,-42.,-43) and they have voicemails (sent pressing microphones), my oldest is from 10/17/2105 - I think this is from last 3 updates

Voicemails are in filename.acc.waptt and filename.m4a.waptt format. If through Files app (or on PC) you rename and delete .waptt part you can play them (on PC do the same)

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Sending document files is a good update. I also notice that when sending URLs now has actual headers/preview..
..anyone knows the size limit of when sending large files?

SuperbSandy

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone also having battery drain issues using WhatsApp? My phone battery drains a lot quicker these days but don't know whether its because of last WhatsApp update or fast ring build.
please let me know if you guys have any solution. My phone battery dies in 6-7 hours and battery usage app shows WhatsApp taking 50-60% of it.

moz1337

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
They put Select instead Send, so annoying every time I send a message to go to the select mode.

I was searching for some info on that change. Thought it was just me seeing things.

Indeed, now no "Send" button on the bottom bar. Just this super-useless "Select". I got used to this location and now I'm tapping "Select" every time.

Yeh, so it seems they replaced the Send and other two buttons with one Select button, on the bottom bar.

Honestly, this UI has so many flaws and redundant/useless functionalities.... Lack of common sense, seriously:

wp_ss_20160630_0002.png

uglavnom_bezopasni

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
##- WhatsApp Support -##
Hi,
Thanks for your message.
We understand this may have caused confusion, but this is actually an intended functionality of the application and its features.
Thank you for your feedback. Your input is highly appreciated and will help us to improve our product!
Sevgiler / Best,
Devrim
WhatsApp Support Team

Ankit1989

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
What about the new update which we have received but detail of what is updated is still same.

I mean what new we are going to face nothing mention. Its Win8.1.

Anybody knows about the update and how it is working.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Facing little bug with messages sent from web.WhatsApp. The message I type is seen correctly on PC, but on phone immediately below text there are rectangles as many as symbols in my message (letters, numbers and all other symbols including space between them)..

PS. If nobody hasn't noticed the media stuff in contacts profile has its own "window" which includes tabs for "media, links, and docs". Maybe its old, idk

Charliefr3sh

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Message"quote" doesn't work in group chats, it worked for a little while and now has disappeared. Have reinstalled the app but still doesn't work. And WhatsApp is still "reencoding" video files and making them larger and then giving u an error message saying that the file is corrupt. Please fix

Ankit1989

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Tap on notification to read message.
Reply and close whatsapp.

But still it is present on notification screen.

Can we get this done?????????
Windows 8.1M

And please more background picture with good combination.

moz1337

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
##- WhatsApp Support -##
Hi,
Thanks for your message.
We understand this may have caused confusion, but this is actually an intended functionality of the application and its features.
Thank you for your feedback. Your input is highly appreciated and will help us to improve our product!
Sevgiler / Best,
Devrim
WhatsApp Support Team

Hello,

allow me to insist - putting a "select" button in there is redundant to what (I'm guessing it's Windows API) we currently have - you can tap at the edge of chat to get into the "selection mode" too. So unless you have a really, really, really good point putting that button in there - it's useless. You're hiding a bunch of text, with one "bottom bar".

Ask yourselves this question - are you (or would you be) - authors of this app - using this feature knowing that Windows got it sorted already (edge tap - selection mode)? No? Then I guarantee you, at least some users will find this useless. If you want to satisfy them, let them customize it. I know it might be a lot of work but that's just how it goes. But what am I to tell you... You know this better :)

This is a chat app so seeing text and typing text is a core feature, which you guys should be taking as an absolute priority. And I'm 100% sure that this bar is the reason for the text (last line) being cut off, as some one mentioned before.

1. Make the bottom bar customizable (let users hide it, or let them put at least 3 buttons - that they use often - in there)
2. Optimize it, when one types in alot of text before sending I can notice slight "lag"

....and (at least me - I'm not that picky) I'm giving it 5/5.

Thanks for your interest and input.

WhatsApp beta updated with Windows 10 Mobile-like UI improvements - MSPoweruser

It looks as if they're planning on putting a camera button where the select button currently is.

Nice :) At least some improvement from the useless "select". Ideally, this should be configurable - whether put there anything or just hide that bottom bar altogether. Oh well, gotta be happy with what we have ;)

As for me, I'm not experiencing any stability issues with WhatsApp, not noticing any increased battery usage when chatting, etc. Maybe I'm not chatting that much... :)

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Is it possible to send GIFs no?
I discovered I can receive GIFs correctly, but if I try to send it, it will just turn it into a static image. If it can be done, how do you do it?

ThePumisher

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Since the latest update of WhatsApp, incoming pictures or videos aren't saved in my picture hub anymore. In fact i have no idea where WA saved them, but they just don't show up anywhere in the picture hub...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6